What's new

Can anyone identify this? (1 Viewer)

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I found this today stuck to the headliner in my truck. Anybody know what it is? I assume it was made by some kind of insect, but what? The one side is a bit messed up because I tried to get it off with a knife but it was stuck on there pretty good. (it's just under an inch long)

E

Eric Kahn

Looks like the remains of a wooly worm, the one that is supposed to predict the winter weather by how black it is

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator
Looks to be just a common house centipede. Is it an exoskeleton, or the complete remants of a insect?

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
wow, can you imagine if that hatched and you had hundreds of them crawling in your vehicle?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As much as I like praying mantises, you should probably get rid of it. I'm not sure how successful you'd be if you tried to "transplant" the sac to the great outdoors. These things tend to catastrophically self-destruct when tampered with in that manner. (I think they're designed that way to keep mantid technology from falling into the wrong hands.)

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Using a knife i was able to pry it off pretty much intact. I just threw it out in the yard. But now that you mention this mantid technology, perhaps I should've tried to raise them and form a mantid army of sorts. They must've chosen me for a reason. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks