What's new

Can anyone identify this or these movies from the 30's? My relative, Ivan B. Atcher is one of the sp (1 Viewer)

DavidAtcher

Auditioning
Real Name
David Atcher
I have photos of a relative of mine, Ivan B. Atcher, from a movie set, probably from the 30's. He was a dwarf and looks to be playing an angry spear throwing native. he was an extra but is in the scene with the probable stars of the movie. Any ideas what this movie is or who any of the other actors are?

Ivan B. Atcher is first wild man on the left.

Ivan is thought to be the far right crazed spear chucker.

DavidAtcher

Auditioning
Real Name
David Atcher

Here's one more that may help with identifying the movie diminutive Ivan Atcher was in. He is presumably posing in front of this poster to show folks back in Kentucky that he is famous!! H. Rider Haggard wrote the novel "King Solomon's Mines" which was made into a movie, but he was also a screen writer for many movies.

DavidAtcher

Auditioning
Real Name
David Atcher
The amazing editor, Bob King, hazarded his best guess and was correct! Very Impressive! The photos containing Ivan are from a 1935 serial called "The Lost City". There are videos on YouTube and at least one site where the whole 12 part series can be viewed. Thanks Bob!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sorry nobody here could help, but thanks for the update. I love serials and will have to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks