What's new

Can Amazon stand above the fray and make sense of the Android / tablet mess? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Don't know.. WhisperSync for games.. allows a game to have a "stub" or entry point and the rest on the S3 cloud. Interesting.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The kid in that picture looks like Henry:

88c1c899_778785-pichenry01_large.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
No, I -think- you gotta buy both for that to work. If you are right it is cool tho.
I have a half dozen audiobooks. I prefer to read. When on the road I use the radio.
mattCR said:
The immersion reading thing to me is minor interest.. but what interests me is the change: buy an audiobook, and you now get a kindle version along with.. is that how I understand it?  If so.. hurray!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by mattCR /t/311127/can-amazon-stand-above-the-fray-and-make-sense-of-the-android-tablet-mess/360#post_3971179

A cheap Exchange friendly device? Hello.
Almost all Android devices support EAS, down to Task sync.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sleeper feature they skipped over: MULTIPLE USER PROFILES via Free Time. Great! now everyone gets their own high score and doesn't mess with mine =)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It was actually in response to Matt's comment, as if cheap Exchange devices never existed before.

If you really want a cheap Exchange device, get the 7" Fire and Touchdown.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/311127/can-amazon-stand-above-the-fray-and-make-sense-of-the-android-tablet-mess/360#post_3971183
Almost all Android devices support EAS, down to Task sync.

Have you tried to use the Exchange service on a Nexus 7? It's functional.. kind of. But no GAL, no outside calendaring, etc. It's the one area the iPad sucks at too

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
mattCR said:
Have you tried to use the Exchange service on a Nexus 7?  It's functional.. kind of.   But no GAL, no outside calendaring, etc.  It's the one area the iPad sucks at too
But is that designed to avoid conflict with user's address book and calendar or a deficiency of the software?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/311127/can-amazon-stand-above-the-fray-and-make-sense-of-the-android-tablet-mess/360#post_3971190
But is that designed to avoid conflict with user's address book and calendar or a deficiency of the software?

*shrug* not being about to see team/public calendars or access GAL correctly is a downfall. The Ipad/Iphone can do GAL correctly but they don't do multiple calendars assigned.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Interesting. My Samsung and HTC email programs both support GAL. Does the Fire support GAL?

Or multiple calendars? I kind of doubt the latter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/311127/can-amazon-stand-above-the-fray-and-make-sense-of-the-android-tablet-mess/360#post_3971193
Interesting. My Samsung and HTC email programs both support GAL. Does the Fire support GAL?

Or multiple calendars? I kind of doubt the latter.
Everything kind of supports GAL. The original fire did not do it correctly. The Nexus doesn't seem to do it correctly (the Galaxy SIII is perfect). The only one I've seen with an issue on the GAL is the Nexus and the Original fire which don't seem to check for unknowns in the GAL.

As to multiple calendars... nobody seems to get that except for Blackberry and Microsoft devices. But it'd be good if someone else figured that out

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
7" HD 16gb $200 Wifi
8.9" is $299, Wifi and doesnt ship till end of november
Nope. Thanks for your time, nothing to see here please move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks