What's new

Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 VS. Bose 201 (1 Viewer)

kennethDA

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
Hello, im deciding on weather or not to purchse the Cambridge Model 6 or the Bose 201... they're both 2 way systems and both have wonderful reviews... if anyone has had experience with either speakers may u give your experiences? thanks!
Ken

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
I would take the Cambridge Soundworks hands down.

Now where exactly did you see the Bose getting "wonderfull reviews"?

Try doing a search on Bose in this forum, and most others for that matter, and see what most are saying about them.

kennethDA

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
there are many positive reviews all over the place with the Bose 201 circuitcity, eopinions, audioreview and such but i ask this questions because cost came into consideration cuz something happened... the model 6 also has great reviews as well... i am stumpped

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
Well, do a search here for Bose and see what is said by people who know what they are talking about.

It's not very positive about them.

kennethDA

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
but this is only one source, you must expand on the # of sources... i actually did do a bose search and hopped around on all 20 pages, clicking on ones that pertained to my situation, or ones that just interested me... and it doesnt seem like they knew what they were talking about... at atleast, they didnt seem to hold much experience. i think that one reason many people will defy Bose, is because the people here suggest that. but we dont know how the negativity started..

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
Oh, they know what they are talking about. And it's more than a few people saying that. Sounds like several sources to me. Check out AVS forum, and others and they'll echo the same opinion. Check out several of the links presented in the posts for some measured specs on them. Notice that Bose typically doesn't post specs on their speakers.

Hey, you definately should listen to everything, and if you like what you hear, go for it. But I'm betting that if you really compare them to others, you'll much prefer the others.

Good luck with it.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Have you listened to Bose 201 speakers? I don't share the opinions that Bose speakers sound terrible. As far as I can tell there is always something from a reputable manufacturer that sounds better for less money. Often it is a lot less money. I haven't heard the Cambridge Model 6, but my money is on that speaker sounding much better. In any event, the only really important opinion should be the people in your household that will listen to the speakers.

Chris

kennethDA

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
Thank you all for the input... it was greaty appreciated. i will continue my search for a cheaper and possibly better sounding pair against the Bose's..
-Peace, Love, Chicken Grease
-ken

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I'd go with CSW too. They make some very good speakers for the price. There are, however, others who also make good small speakers, such as Orb.

And as to the negative comments about Bose, they essentially boil down to the opinion that you can pay less and get more if you go with another brand. And it is not just this forum, but every audio forum I have seen where people know what they are talking about. Take a look at avsforum.com for similarly negative comments.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've owned the Model 6, and I was not impressed with it for the price. I much prefer the Newton series - I'd take the M50 or M60 over the Model 6 in a heartbeat.

epinions and audioreview are private user reviews and most of the time they have nothing to compare to, so you have to take those reviews with a big grain of salt. We are not talking about professional reviewers.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
he isn't going to buy anything. his place is wired with BOSE more than likely probably gets a discount and everything being that he most likely works for BOSE der BOSE.

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks