What's new

Cambridge Newton S200 Rear Channel Question (1 Viewer)

swantzilla

Auditioning
Real Name
Doc Johnson
I came about a pair of Cambridge Newton S200 rear channel speakers. I am currently using a pair of Yamaha outdoor speakers for my rears. I was noticing that the speaker response is only to 10K. Do the rear channels need to go higher than that? Would they be good for Dolby Digital 5.1? I am using a Boston VR920 for the center and a pair of Legacy Focus for the front mains. Thank you for reading.

swantzilla

Auditioning
Real Name
Doc Johnson
I came about a pair of Cambridge Newton S200 rear channel speakers. I am currently using a pair of Yamaha outdoor speakers for my rears. I was noticing that the speaker response is only to 10K. Do the rear channels need to go higher than that? Would they be good for Dolby Digital 5.1? I am using a Boston VR920 for the center and a pair of Legacy Focus for the front mains. Thank you for reading.

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
where'd you come up with that figure? the 10khz? if online, can you post a link?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Just as a heads-up, if you are interested in those, but haven't bought them yet, I have a pair of S300's that I intend to put up for sale on the forum in the next couple weeks. PM me if you are interested.

The S200 and S300 are very similar . . . .the 300 adds a monopole mode option in addition to the dipole and bipole options of the S200. I have really enjoyed my S300's and will be sad to see them go.

swantzilla

Auditioning
Real Name
Doc Johnson
What are you replacing them with?

Originally Posted by SethH

Just as a heads-up, if you are interested in those, but haven't bought them yet, I have a pair of S300's that I intend to put up for sale on the forum in the next couple weeks. PM me if you are interested.

The S200 and S300 are very similar . . . .the 300 adds a monopole mode option in addition to the dipole and bipole options of the S200. I have really enjoyed my S300's and will be sad to see them go.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to tell you that I'm making some huge upgrades, but I'm really having to make some compromises with my system in the next several weeks. I need to go to some smaller speakers all around, so I will most likely be replacing these with the Mirage Nanosat Prestige setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks