What's new

Calling all HK owners (1 Viewer)

Chris Elm

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of you ever experienced this with your AVR 525 when the data stream starts up and when the format changes (like from DD to DTS)?
Straight off the HK faq's:

"This is an inherent characteristic of digital audio processors. The chip mutes until it sees a signal, and then takes a second to engage. Typically this should not be a problem when watching a DVD, as the video signal will usually cause the chip to recognize the signal before the audio even starts. This is usually only an issue when listening to stereo audio via digital inputs. However, the D/A converters built into a CD player are often superior to the stock stereo D/A converters built into a receiver. We recommend using the digital inputs on this receiver for Dolby® Digital or DTS® use only, not stereo use."

So what if I want to use a DVD player for my DVDs, DVD-A, and SACD? Am I outa luck?

Sorry for the repost.
Thanks

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Ive got the 325 and it does do that 2 second pause when the input stream changes, which is usually between the dvd intro menu which is usually DD 2.0, and the actual feature. So right after I push play the sound mutes for a couple seconds and I miss a little of the THX intros or whatever the film starts with. However when I push pause, then play during the movie, there is no delay. I dont have any experiance with DVD-A or SACD, but I wouldnt think there is a delay, because you are using the 6/8 channel direct input and the reciever doesnt do any decoding, it just amps the signal that your DVD player sends.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I have the 325 and Yes, it does do this - but the receiver sounds so sweet... that I overlook it. However, HK should be embarrassed. I hope they do something about this soon.

MarkO

Second Unit
So what if I want to use a DVD player for my DVDs, DVD-A, and SACD? Am I outa luck?
I dont have DVD audio or SACD, but I think you hook up the analog inputs(6 channel direct input) from the player to the reciever since the decoding is done in the player itself.

Users who are viewing this thread