What's new

Calling all Dahlquist QX series owners please! (1 Viewer)

Marc H

Second Unit
I need your help please, if you are into it.
Since the new Dahlquist QX series loudspeakers and subs came out a little over a year ago, I have been requesting audioreview.com to list the new models on their site with zero response. I have emailed them, requested via their forum, etc. as has Dahlquist themselves.
I'm getting the idea that they don't respond to a dealer or manufacturer request and possibly it must be done by the clients.
If I may ask, if you have the time, could you please visit their site and request them to list the new models please?
Once there (link below), you have to register as a user, then post a message requesting a new item be listed.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc
http://forums14.consumerreview.com/c...fxc^[email protected]

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
I'll slide over there and post too. The Qx9's I have and the Qx60c just get better each day.

Cheers,

Steve

Marc H

Second Unit
Well it's April tomorrow and they still have not listed them. Thanks to all that took the time to write to them.
If I may bother you all again to write to them, I would greatly appreciate it.
I started a request thread again here at audioreview.com:
audioreview.com
Thanks again ever so much!
Marc

Bill Kolp

Grip
Hi Marc,

Can you give me a list of Dahlquist dealers in the Mississauga / Toronto area ?? I will be visiting there next month and wanted to audition the QX Series.

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Bill,
I don't know who to refer you to, sorry. I'm in Ottawa, a five hour drive from Toronto.
Try emailing Dahlquist directly at:
[email protected]
or call toll free at:
1-888-995-6642

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Marc,

I just sent the powers that be at AudioReview an e-mail suggestion that they add the Dahlquists to their review list, hope it helps. I have yet to hear the new Dahlquists myself, but if they sound anything like the ones I heard in the late 70's, they've gotta be good!

I posted back in mid-Feb. on another Dahlquist thread here hoping for some input on the QX4s.......never heard anything (in the market for a small 5.1 set-up)......anybody??????

Debbie

Marc H

Second Unit
Hi Debbie,
Thanks for taking the time to writing to them. I have been trying to get them listed there for over a year now with no luck.
The QX4 is an awesome little speaker and I would be grateful to answer your questions on them. Please email me if you can and I'll write back. Please let me know the size of your room too along with what type of receiver or amp you would be using and maybe I can make suggestions.
Hi Clyde,
Yes, they are sold in the US but the dealer network is small at this point. I know they have dealers in California, New York and Florida so far.
If you write to Dahlquist at [email protected] they should write back promptly as to whether they have a dealer in your area yet.
Hi Bill,
I asked about a dealer in your area and was told Replay. Do you know them?

Clyde Metz

Agent
Marc
Someone told me about Brandnames but I only found them in the Maimi area. I emailed Jonic but no reply yet. Thanks anyway.

Bill Kolp

Grip
Hi Marc,

As noted, I would be visiting the Mississauga / Toronto area. During my visit, I also wanted to audition Axiom speakers. Replay Electronics (you mentioned) is an Axiom dealer as well as Dahlquist. Should be a fun trip.

Actually, my daughter married a Canadian so I'm not just traveling up there to audition speakers. However, I know a forum like this would probably think that auditioning speakers is reason enough.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine recently purchased a pair of QX9's from Marc and I can attest that they are truly nice speakers. What I couldn't believe is how much bass they put out...I believe they go as low as 30 Hz! He was even driving them with a pretty sub-par Sony receiver and an inexpensive RCA DVD player (he's not real high-tech!) and they still sounded good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks