What's new

Caligula: 4-disc Imperial Edition (10/02) (1 Viewer)

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
It is difficult to gauge the quality of the "look" of the film based on the video releases over the past 25 years or so - it has never been transferred to video properly IMHO. It has in fact looked ugly and cheap because the transfers (up to now??) have been ugly and cheap. A good HD transfer won't make the film any better, but hopefully we can see what it was supposed to look like.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Quite ture. But the film looked like crap in theaters, too. I know, I actually sat through a screening during the original release. :)

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think it stands to reason that most of the folks here want the software they buy to be the best possible presentation. Just because you don't like a film doesn't mean that others shouldn't want the best that can be delivered.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
DVD Beaver has a review.
I probably would have shelled out for this if it had included the soundtrack, which is unavailable on CD as far as I know.
Since it doesn't, I'll probably pass.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I don't agree with Gary, but he hasn't seen the original disc. This transfer looks like a revelation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks