What's new

Californication season 2 (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I haven't "chimed in" in about 2 weeks, so I'm sorry about reverting back to episode 2. regarding Tom Kapinos' "obsession" with Slayer, the daughter was wearing a Slayer t-shirt in ep. 2. Better than THAT, Marcy's coke-fueled shout of "Hang the Pope!" is a direct reference to song of the same name by New York speed metallers Nuclear Assault...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
I just watched that episode on demand and liked it alot.

Hanks expressions and reactions during the sex scene were just great. Loved Marcys reaction to the news Charlie gave her. Some funny one liners and a moment that gave me a hysterical laughing fit. This show has alot of those.

ahhhh Nuclear Assault. The good ole days.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I used to work at their old record company, and once rode to Montreal with them for the "No Speed Limit" festival (on a bill with Voivod, Agnostic Front, Possessed, Sacrifice, Slaughter [NOT the hair band], and I don't remember who else). In a station wagon. With all their equipment in it. John Connelly farted the entire way to Montreal.

Back on topic: Marcy is doing a LOT of coke...I'm sure this will become a plot point at some stage...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I noticed that, too, she suddenly has turned into a total coke-head.

What's funny is that I recently found out that she is the voice of Bobby Hill on King of the Hill so now he's all that I see whenever she's onscreen so to me all I see is Bobby Hill snorting coke lol.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

I've known she was the voice of Bobby Hill for quite some time, and I always look forward to her slipping into that "mode." Besides the "Hang the Pope" line, the best example of this was right before the wedding last season, where she was drunk off her ass and used the Bobby voice the entire time...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode.

I loved Hanks line about his dick being kicked out into the wind and the rain.

I was laughing so hard I missed the next 30 seconds or so of dialogue.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Did you hurt her?" :D

This show produces some laughs from me that I know are wrong, but I laugh nonetheless.

It's only a matter of time before Hank and Mia's dalliance becomes rumor mill knowledge.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think they are setting that up, that someone will figure it out, so they realize that she didn't write the book.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The women on this show.... Madchen Amick looked great, and the cleaning lady.. wow.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Runkel stuff was nothing to write home about.

But say it ain't so, Hank! Maybe it's DSB after getting the V-Sect done (I keed, I keed).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or does this show have major problems writing finales? Like the first season, I didn't buy it. Changing their plans at the last minute because the boyfriend came back? C'mon now.

And where was Madchen? She was one of the few bright spots this year. Although we did get a return visit from Michelle Lombardo.

The reveal of the baby, and Hank's reaction, was VERY funny.

And the whole Runkel storyline this season, could they have been uglier characters? I like the actors, but it seems like it is some right wingers take on "the evils of Hollywood", they are all a bunch of hate filled adulterous drug addicts.

Not the best season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Script notes for season 3: Need more surfer girl.

Enjoyed the finale, with it tying a lot of subplots up, while opening up more Hank Hijinks for the future.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I like Hank being single for season 3. It makes for the best stories.

The black baby scene was classic Hank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks