What's new

Californication season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Californication returns for another season of the adventures of Hank Moody in Hollywood. It's on Showtime, airing at 10 p.m. EDT.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Where to start? Had no idea Hank was going to get snipped in the opening episode. Was grimacing with him for most of the episode. Ow... Sadly, it is probably just a matter of time before Hank screws it up for Karen and Becca. Did laugh at the mistaken cunnilingus Hank performed on the not-Karen, only Hank makes those kind of mistakes.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

"He Mouth Raped me! Mouth Rapist!"

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Only Hank Moody. The thing is, I can't imagine anybody but Duchovny pulling off the lines of dialog he has to deal with without coming off like a total creep. Somehow, when he does it, he doesn't seem nearly as creepy as he could be.

That whole sequence, of him getting turned around in the house based on how he went into (and then out of) a bathroom with two exits.. classic. Walked into the wrong bedroom...

I'm still waiting for the one girl to get her comeupance for stealing the book.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

The problem there is she still has Hank bent over a barrell, and not in the way he usually likes lol.

Poor Hank, sometimes I pray for the types of problems he deals with (except the snipping that, like Pat, made me cringe like crazy) and like Matt eluded to there's a charm about Hank that makes him come across likable even though he's a total dawg lol.

Karen needs to cut him (whoops, wrong choice of words) some slack here, it was indeed a large house and every room look like the other, especially to a guy who balls hurt and was horny. I mean come on, what are the odds of there being TWO naked women waiting on a bed in the same house? In Hank Moody's world, the chances are actually pretty good so I guess I have to retract that statement. :laugh:

BTW, I appreciate that the wrong girl chased after Hank without getting dressed.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I missed Hank and Im glad hes back.

Tom Kapinos or someone involved with producing this show really likes Slayer it seems.

"BTW, I appreciate that the wrong girl chased after Hank without getting dressed."

Me too.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

From what I understand,Kapinos is a HUGE Slayer fan, and a fan of "extreme" metal in general. Hence, Becca's throwaway line in Season 1 about getting sent home from school for wearing her Cradle of Filth t-shirt.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Seeing Rebecca play guitar hero to Reign In Blood definitely made me laugh.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
The whole sequence of Hank negotiating with the party host to be a bro and work with him (and the guy not knowing his girl's name) followed by Hank in the car trying to negotiate with Karen was phenomenal. I remembered how much I love very quickly delivered well thought out rants. It's like Ari in Season 1. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Only Hank can turn mistaken oral sex into a writing gig.

I never need to see Charlie's O-Face again.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Yea that freeze frame was a good laugh.

Best line: "Aww I love you too honey. Wanna fuck?"

Marcy & Charlie were really funny in this episode.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Kids who dish out profound, timely and pointedly relevant bits of wisdom to adults need to be banished from TV and Film scripts forever.

--
H

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll welcome Trixie's return to Californication on any occasion. Hank's nard-punching technique needs work.

Charlie's Uncle Festus subplot was silly fun.

I guess Hank and Karen will have blow-ups on a weekly basis. That might get old.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Tonights episode was really good.

Loved Hanks reaction to the floater Julian left behind.

As soon as it was mentioned he wasnt the father, I knew what was coming.

Poor Hank.

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
Love the show. I think this season has kept the quality level high. One thing though - as necessary to the show as she is, I really don't like Karen. Maybe it's the actress, I don't know. Great writing and Duchovny is always good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pretty funny episode about Karen and Hank's dinner party with their guests.

Can't blame Karen for throwing her shields back up, and Hank's back being Hank. I'm sure a paternity test is in the cards for Sonja's baby.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
You had to know that staying together and stable just wasn't in the cards, but man, that was nuclear. Had to be the best dinner party scene I can recall. Just when you thought it couldn't get more awkward, BLAM.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah yeah poor Hank.

Who was the girl who played Destiny? That girl was smokin' hot and I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Seriously, though, Hank get's the short end of the stick everytime it seems. :frowning:

And what is his daughter turning into? It's gotten to the point where goth is the new geek...just wrapped-up in dark packaging. Personally i'd rather be a run of the mill geek, at least they aren't as spooky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks