1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Calibration of Epson 5020

Discussion in 'Displays' started by djtech2k, Apr 4, 2013.

1. djtech2k

djtech2k Well-Known Member

I am having an Epson 5020 installed today. This is my first projector, so I know nothing about calibration. I hear that it can make a major difference. Will I need a brand new projector calibrated? If so, how can it be done?

I am just trying to figure out what kind of difference it makes and if I do need to do it, how can I get it done?

Thanks!

2. moovtune

moovtune Well-Known Member

James
  3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Every room scenario is different. Understanding what, exactly, a calibration is will tell you why it is worth it.Calibration is to make your display as close as possible to "visual benchmark". No you can't find calibration online in a guide.The Disney WOW disc is a grear start. Spears & Munsil is a learning curve. DVE is also a good choice. If using a disc doesn't come up with the desired result...then you bring in an ISF guy.

4. ElectronicTonic

Shane
    Well, THIS is as close to a "guide" as you can get. Calibration takes many, many hours to understand, and many more to actually get results. I agree, get a test disc, and go from there.