What's new

Cables (1 Viewer)

Mark Hoelscher

Auditioning
Just wondering there is a huge price range in all sorts of different cables and was wondering what the honest difference was. I know I have read and I would assume that the more expensive ones would be less likely to break from use like moving around and getting kinked. But does it really do much other than look nice.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speaker?HDMI?As speaker wire...I have remnants from coffee pots, irons and hair dryers as center speaker wire. The wire for the main speakers in my living room is from an old canister vacuum that sucked no more...HDMI...Used to sell wholesale. I've got HDMI and HDMI/DVI cables coming out of my ass I bought for under $5 as long as 50 feet. (Vanco, our main brand...changed their model numbers to include an X. The already ridiculous wholesale cost of the "non X" was cut to 1/3 original. I bought every single cable in the building. The entire company wide stock, close to 15,000 total cables in 55 warehouses, disappeared in 2 hours)BJC, MP and PE cables all still "cost too much"...(but realize...I have jaded eyes of wholesale)

Mark Hoelscher

Auditioning
As far as speaker wire I'm running 16 gauge wire I got cheap online and my speakers are just satellite speakers so I am not to worried about that currently. Mainly worried about HDMI 3.5mm to RCA for iPhone laptop ect. And optical.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Let me recommend that you check out Monoprice.com for cables. I've gotten HDMI and optical cables from them of high quality for low prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks