What's new

Cable Picture Quality Question (1 Viewer)

Parisis

Agent
In looking at Comcast Cable (Delaware) on my new Panasonic 47 in. I am amazed at the difference in certain channels.
I only have basic cable (Not Digital or HDTV). Last night I was watching The Guardian and the picture , though not great was quite good. Fleshtones looke smooth with very little graineness. I am just amazed at how much it varies from station to station and sometimes show to show. Now here comes my dumb question. Is the fact that The Guardian is an HDTV program make it a better quality broadcast even on basic cable? I anm just curious as to what is the explanation as to these differences I'm seeing. Thanks.

Steve Carlo

Stunt Coordinator
I have found similar things with Cox in VA. At first I thought it was the crappy hotel TV, and then I saw the same interference with our own TV (Sony 27") and our Mitsu 55". I never saw anything like this with Dish Network, which is why we will be cancelling the cable TV at the end of the month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks