Stunt Coordinator
Yee Ming: I can live without the DVD boxset. Well since I
have the LDs and if I could lay my hands on Part one why
not. I still love LDs.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
do the LDs have Coppola's commentaries? probably not, since IIRC they were recorded for the DVDs? I must say they are very good, as is the extras disc, which IMHO makes the box set a very worthy purchase even if you already have the LDs.

BTW, "I don't have this set since it's banned", my comments above are based on what I've heard from other members of HTF ;) :D :wink:

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
No commentaries by Francis F Coppola on both LDs but they
contained interviews with Coppola,Al Pacino,Talia Shire
& writer Mario Puzo.

As for Part III there is an additional 9 minutes of never seen before footage. All a long I felt that perhaps I've
made the right choice of snapping up both LDs way back in 1999 coz the DVD boxset never gets to see our shores and that's why I treasured it so much.

YANG

Screenwriter
YEE MING,
Right now numbers of collectors who order online had their stocks intercepted by the BFC...i m sure that you have heard a little thing or two...

Do u think that it is still save to order discs from overseas?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Yang: use the "edit" button to fix spelling mistakes :D

when's the last time you heard of someone having a shipment stopped? the last time it happened to me was at the end of 2000, hasn't happened since. likewise for a friend of mine who orders extensively from amazon.com he hasn't had a package stopped since mid-2000, and hasn't heard of anyone having a package stopped since late 2000.

depends on what you mean by recently though, my last order was November 2002. but I haven't heard anything from anyone else anyway.

YANG

Screenwriter
YEE MING,
There are numbers of members from another local forum...(i can't post the link here...) had their orders intercepted by the BFC.

What happened is this...(maybe you know abt this?)

Those orders that were delivered by express deliveries such as DHL or FEDEX or others will be sent directly to the authorities...the latter will paste local PG certification labels and then send the intercepted items to the buyers back...

If...this happens to you...will u be on high alert or...?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks