What's new

Buy A $670 32" EDTV & Turn It Into A HDTV (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I just read this on the Home Theater Spot. That you can turn the Samsung 32 inch EDTV into a HDTV by just going into the Service Menu & under VIDEO ADJUST 3 MENU it says NO 1080i = 1 to just change it to read 0 (Zero) & it turns on the 1080i circuits. I wonder if on the 30" Akai model that Sam's club has if you can turn on EDTV & HDTV? That would make that set a real steal. Any one here have the 30 inch Akai?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I jumped over and read the posts...this would be very cool if it is true.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I think it would be even cooler if it turned out you could also turn the circuits "ON" in the 30" Akai that Sam's Club is selling for $496.56 Maybe someone will check this out.
Also I would guess if you can turn it "ON" in the 32" EDTV you should also be able to turn it "ON" in the 27" EDTV model.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For Specs. www.samsungusa.com www.jandr.com www.circuitcity.com

On the Samsung site the 27" & 32" models are listed under the "REGULAR" Flat Tube models & J&R has the 27" Samsung EDTV in stock. Sofar though Samsung doesn't have the owner's manuals up yet on either of these sets in fact all they have up for the new "N" Series models is one 27" model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks