What's new

Busted Galactica DVD - By the Lords of Kobol, No...! (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Frak! Well, I got to the last disc in the Battlestar Galactica television series, popped it in, and my player said "Can not play this disc." I tried it two more times before giving the disc a look, and guess what? There was a huge crack running radially from the center hub outwards on one side of the disc. I'm pretty sure I must have broke the disc getting it off the hub.

Needless to say, I'm bummed but I also don't want to have to return the entire frickin' Cylon head to the online retailer just to get one disc replaced. Does anyone know if Universal has a disc replacement policy and how to contact them if they do?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yep that Digipak is a disk mutilator that forces you to pry and bend the disks to get them out. Oh How I hat Digipaks. If all my Disks survive my viewing they are going into a nice 6 disk keepcase with Ric's Artwork.

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I had that happen to one of my X-files discs and had to return the whole set. Luckily I had purchased it locally, though. You'd think studios who release Digipaks would have some type of system set up to allow you to replace a single disc, since I doubt that cracked discs are uncommon with those types of cases.

I had a hard time getting Galactica DVDs out too, but since taking them off the hubs a few times it's gotten easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks