What's new

Burying The Format War Hatchet... (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Posts like this are why you're one of my favorite people on this forum, Tim. Well, that and our insane love for Star Wars. :D

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Well done, I couldn't agree more. Neither format is going away anytime soon, hardware prices are coming down, lets just get back to enjoying home theater. I am actually glad to see that the end is near thread has moved onto page two. Hopefully Cees will keep moderating "the end is near thread" so I don't have to go back....

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wow....I'm flattered by all the really nice comments. I mean, they're all true....but I'm blushing-really. :D

No, you all were WAY too kind.

I'm working at fixing those lightsaber pics Carlo! :P I think you'll like what I have in store. Always trust The Master Obi Wan Timobi. ;) :)

troy evans

Screenwriter
See Tim, I betcha thought I was full of crap.People Here do respect You and hold You in high regard.The format war I will always disscuss but I will do My part to be less abrassive as well.Great post Man.You speak for alot of us Here in You're thoughts about this topic I'm sure.Home Theater Forum is "The" forum for exactly this reason.No other audio/video forum even comes close.Never Doubt That People!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
To much love among men in here. :)
But really, i have to agree with what Shawn said. Sometimes when someone has a different opinion they get a smack down. Course now when your opinion is, "HD and Blu suck" or "why would anyone own that movie, it sucks", then you would get what you ask for. Thank god so few make blanket comments like that on this forum.
I think those that do must sneak in here from one of those OTHER places? :)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Great post Tim and well said. I´m relatively new member (like probably many others, long time "reader") here and I basically joined to the forum since I wanted to have a good and constructive discussion about "HD". Even some healthy debate every once in while. I read some of the other major (HD) forums and I couldn´t believe some of the childish debate and hostility toward each other that went on there. No discussion or proper info, just "smackdown".. Every thread is another "smackdown". You´ll get tired of that soon.

In HTF, genuine respect seems to be in the air, even when people doesn´t agree on all things.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Rick, differing opinions are cool. In fact, if we always agreed, the HTF would look like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood :D. Feedback from all points is needed. We just need to keep focused on what we're really trying to say. This was directed at me too as I was feeling myself getting 'sucked' in if you will.

Being defensive over a freakin' format! Never! :D Now if someone talks some smack about my Texas A&M Aggies-then all smiles are off-we're throwing down baby! :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Texas! Only two things come from Texas, and i dont see any horns on your head! Sorry, i have to quote Full Metal Jacket when i can. :)
I have no hate for my Texas brothers. Sorry for the slight aside. Now back to the show! :P

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

No wonder you have a better perspective on this red / blue battle: you're obviously aware that the far more important battle is maroon versus burnt orange.

Hook 'em, 'Horns!

Signed,
A "teasip"

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

:laugh: :emoji_thumbsup: ...so true. And that's really THE reason I chose HD DVD for the Maroon cases! :crazy:

Paul, come to College Station T+1 & I'll buy you a cold one. (or a diet coke) :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I never thought of it til now. My HT room is an OU maroon, or crimson i think its called. Well, a good color is a good color!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

Tim! We went to the holiday bowl last year where all the aggie fans were wearing "kick a hippie's ASS!" shirts (due to the opposing team being from crunchy granola Berkeley) so it was a bit intimidating in the stands where we were (aggie side)
But we watched as the "hippie" team handed the aggies their ass to them, 45-10!!! Not bad for a bunch of hippies...!

(yep, I went there...)

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/7/71/htf_imgcache_9673.jpeg] [/url]

;)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx for the kind offer, Tim. Same thing if you ever come to L.A.

I haven't used the firmware upgrade 2.2 disc you were kind enough to send me yet. Is it gonna make my Tosh just say "howdy" and "please stay off the grass"?
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Dave!!!!!! What happened to our "kindler & gentler thread" :D...that game was UGLY! I was feeling pretty good up until halftime. Then....boom the talent for Cal was evident. Excellent team that probably should have been in the Rose Bowl. I think Cal took out their frustrations on us after losing to Tx. Tech a few years back. Ags are still fond of San Diego though. :)

:laugh: to Paul, didn't know that was the same Paul and the FW disc. Actually the 2.3 disc will greet you with a big "Howdy", then a "Beat The Hell Outta t.u!" ;)

Rick, Crimson is indeed a good color. :) I'm planning on a trip this fall to Norman. Ags are WAY overdue in this series.

You guys are awesome.

Ok, back to the format war lol. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks