What's new

Burn Notice Season 3 (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

Did you actually watch the show?

EVERY single question you asked was directly answered in the show itself.

ManishaNoble

Auditioning
Real Name
ManishaNoble
A new season of Burn Notice kicks off tonight- June 4th
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Glad the show is back. This is the only summer show I am now watching. I watch dvds on the other nights.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Yes, I watched the show twice. I'm not arguing that they tried to explain his actions. I'm arguing that those actions were not very consistant with the character as has been developed over the past few years. I don't like it when characters actions are written "out of character" for story expiedency. I felt those questions brought up items that were out of character for Michael Westen.

I also don't think the police got a tip from management. Management agreed to stay out of his life. The cops waiting on the beach are sitting there talking, not waiting for a potentially dangerous criminal (otherwise, it wouldn't have been two bike officers and a car). They see someone looking suspicious, and go to investigate. He runs, thus the manhunt. Fi's statement that she overheard a call about a suspicious person washing up on shore means that there is a call ("call for service"), not a phone call. The card in jail is there way of saying "when do you want us back in your life?"

UPDATE: My apologies. I just heard an interview with the show runner, and he did say that management got a call. My mistake.

Secondly, the "old buddy" stated that he got an attorney friend to claim he was being held a political prisoner, and that got him released. He was never arraigned or charged, so there was no bail posted.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Thought I would mention, season one is on sale this week at Best Buy for $13.

I caught the premiere of Season 3 when it was rerun Saturday morning, was hooked, got the set on Sunday thanks to the sale, and am quickly going through season one.

LOVE the show.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Ok, so after a B- season opener, we get an A for the second episode. Loved so many things. My favorite is Sam's gunshot that got everyone else shooting.

Welcome back, Michael!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Watching this week, the captions did NOT put every label in quotation marks. I don't think the quotation marks in the case of "Old Buddy" in the premiere were meant to be foreshadowing, so much as a direct quote that emphasizes the ambiguity of the relationship.

Good episode this week; loved the Michael had a storage locker with C-4 just lying around.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
There are too many people who know who and where Michael is. I mean, one of the major attractions of taking the space above the club was he had no ties to it and nobody really knew to look for him there. Now everyone does. Cab drivers can respond to, "Drop me off at Michael Westen's," these days. Yes, it's only TV, but I like to think of the landscape as vaguely credible.

Maybe Bruce Campbell was in top form, but Sam Axe wasn't. To leave Michael bound alone with a guy who has already professed several times to wanting to kill him was just reckless. And no, it doesn't make any sense to say that, he'd already told the guy to leave Michael alone. That's a bit like inviting over all your pre-pubescent nieces and leaving them with T-Bag while you go shopping with a reminder to him to "be good". There were ways to accomplish the same story without having our characters be less than the smart people we're supposed to believe they are.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

To be fair, for at least the first few episodes Sam was really portrayed as a washed-up old drunk. :P

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'll be fair and grant you that, but even that doesn't really excuse it. Washed up old drunk is really a statement of what you're doing with your life, not your inherent knowledge or intelligence. He's cleaned himself up since then, has renewed purpose, and is often counted on for any number of critical activities. That's because he has the background (knowledge and skill).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good episode tonight; the theme of this season seems to be escalation; whereas before Michael dispatched problems in an episode, now things are getting messier. He uses Barry to screw over the detective's partner; the detective comes after him harder then ever. He botches Brennen's deal and forces Brennen to flee the country, Brennen comes back and threatens Nate's life. Brennen threatens Nate's life, Michael blows up his house and threatens his daughter. As the net starts to close in on Michael, we're seeing a darker side of him.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Great episode! Nice to see Michael having to play tough/dark. Though, it was more a bluff than anything - the house bomb was merely a 'message', and the daughter was a lucky guess. He didn't really have anything to threaten her, nor would he.

Moon is smokin' hot. But, she is in Michael's face so hard I think they'll inevitably have to have Michael come clean and team them up.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The show is set in Miami, and all we've seen Paxon in are suits. :frowning: Doesn't this detective ever take a day off and go to the beach, like normal people?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
Love when Michael and/or Sam are both thinking and turn to Fi and ask about weapons/explosives. The look on her face just never gets old!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
So at the end of this episode when Fi and Michael are having dinner, Michael says "I'm free of the people that burned me."

I'm not to sure that Michael's organization are the ones that actually burned him. He may think they're the ones that burned him, but I say he hasn't found the real people/persons yet.

Which I'm still pointing the finger at his father.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes

...I got a giggle that Spencer, the client, was played by Michael Weston.
I did too. Fiona was looking espcially fine in this episode, and then Michael stomps on her, kind of, at the end. Dumbass. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks