What's new

Burke's Law/Honey West (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was just watching some of Season 1. I never saw the reboot, but it occurred to me that it should have been restarted in the 1970s. It was really ahead of its time and it really prefigured the 1970s detective shows such as those making up the NBC Mystery Wheel like Columbo and other similar style shows like Barnaby Jones with its approach to the plot and use of guest stars. With some of the 60s swinger elements toned down, it would have fit in well in 1972. I really hope Season 2 is eventually released.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I think this is one of the great TV detective series and I also really want to have Season 2 on DVD. I have had the Honey West series but, much as I like Anne Francis, felt the running time of the show was too short.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Honey West was fun and I enjoy it a lot but yes it does move along too fast. I feel the same way about The Protectors, too short though Honey West did it better in a half hour. The rest of Burkes Law, including the 90s sequel series needs to come to DVD.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Yes, we need S2 of Burke's Law! And yes, Honey West needed to "breathe" more at an hour. After awhile you notice how they tried to move things along with a gimmick of starting a conversation and then cutting in mid-sentence to the next scene where the conversation goes on.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's because Fox chose to play hardball with VCI. They wanted to continue releasing it.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Is it just me or does the HONEY WEST episode "Gray Lady" (on disc 2) have the most ill-timed layer change? About 10 minutes in, right in the middle of a shot of a plane coming in to land. Both my DVD players have problems playing it without a noticeable pause in both picture and sound - but strangely my computer plays through it seamlessly...

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
classicmovieguy said:
Is it just me or does the HONEY WEST episode "Gray Lady" (on disc 2) have the most ill-timed layer change? About 10 minutes in, right in the middle of a shot of a plane coming in to land. Both my DVD players have problems playing it without a noticeable pause in both picture and sound - but strangely my computer plays through it seamlessly...
No Problem with my Blu-Ray Player. I had "Freezing" Problems with some of my players, but then I found out my primary player was NOTORIOUS for those kinds of problems, so I got rid of it. Today I have three players, a DVD-VCR Combo, A Blu-Ray Player and a Portable. If I have "Freeze" issues on all three players that's a cue to get a new disk!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I just purchased the UK DVD edition of "Honey West" (Delta Entertainment, Region Free) and it does not have the awkward pause/layer change in the "Gray Lady" episode. The UK edition also includes Honey West's introduction in "Burke's Law" ("Who Killed the Jackpot?") but doesn't have any other extras.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
I bought the UK version as well, as it came out first and I didn't know for sure if it would get a US release. I kept it after I bought the US version since it had that Burke's Law episode. I never a/b'd them to see if there was any difference in the picture quality.... By the way, it's region 2, and it is in PAL format, not NTSC.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
e480cc08_img068.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508