What's new

Bungie + Next Gen = Destiny (2 Viewers)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Haha nope, it's the "dashboard" which no longer...dashes. It takes probably 50% longer to get to the main menu screen. But that's okay because if you buy the new XBone Elite this holiday season with a hybrid SSHD drive, it will reduce logon time by 30%. Which just means it will go back to roughly what it was before the update. :D

What continues to boggle my mind is how MS won't allow users to upgrade the internal hard drives themselves. Because I really want to pop a 1TB SSD (no hybrid, thank you) into this bad boy. Sony lets you update the internal HD of both the PS3 and the PS4 so it's not like this is uncharted territory.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sam did you ever get your raid helmet? RNG usually screws with me, but for some reason, it has seen fit to bless me with 2 raid helmets and I probably have half the normal mode clears you do. Just need the Titan helm (aka Rhino with a wicked underbite) and Warlock chest armor to complete my raid gear sets.

After maybe 20 exotic special weapon engrams, still no Telesto. RNG giveth, and RNG taketh away.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Finally got a Warlock raid helm on run #2 this week, over 30 clears to get it, crazy. Terrible rolls tho, will keep trying for better but at least I have one of em now.

Big changes today!
Update 2.0.2 - The one about Weapon Parts and Crucible Bounties

Your quality of life in the Crucible is about to become more Legendary. We're also fixing Nightstalker abilities, alleviating the famine of weapon parts, and delivering some other changes that impact activities and items.

Classes Nightstalker Hunter

2.0.1.2 Hotfix fixed an issue where extra shots from Quiver was creating infinite Shadowshot
Re-enabled the talent node to provide three shots correctly

Activities

Fixed an issue where the Warsat completion time was calculating incorrectly when a large number of Guardians were present

Fixed an issue where the Tower was featured for Red Bull questlines in the Director for non-eligible players

Strikes

Fixed an issue where players were able to go out of environment during the Fallen S.A.B.E.R strike

Raid King's Fall

Fixed an issue where the Daughters of Oryx death scream volume was too loud

Quests & Bounties

Fixed an issue where joining players during certain phases of the Paradox mission would start an alternate encounter

Fixed an issue where a "Taken Trials" quest step could be completed outside the Dreadnaught

Crucible General

Fixed an issue that prevented the Mercy Rule from properly disabling players from joining in-progress

Warlock Radiance kills will now award +10 points to bring it in line with other Supers.

These points stack on grenade, melee, and precision bonuses

Radiance kills in the Crucible now include all kills during Radiance, with both weapons and abilities

This simplifies the "Sheathed in Flame" Warlock-specific Crucible bounty and final step of the "Master of Flame" quest involving Radiance kills

Fixed an issue where the Crucible faction rank-up package icon was incorrectly using the Vanguard icon

Drop rates for Legendary Items in Normal Crucible have been increased

Quests & Bounties

Subclass quests no longer require the player to unlock them one sub-class at a time

Quest and bounty steps that previously required wins now only require match completion

Fixed an issue where the daily Crucible bounty "Healthy Balance" was not properly completing on match completions

The "Featured Matches" weekly Crucible bounty now awards +3 points per win and +1 point for completion. Progress is not lost on losses

The daily Crucible bounty "Live Fire Exercise" will now count top 3 finishes in Rumble as wins

The daily Crucible bounty "Cover Fire" will now also complete when defeating an enemy player as the Spark Runner

Changes to the "Crucible Forged" quest chain that unlocks Shaxx's weekly bounties:
Crucible Forged Quest 1
Unchanged
Crucible Forged Quest 2
Players must deploy 3 Relic Probes in the Salvage playlist instead of finishing captures
Crucible Forged Quest 3
Unlocked on completion of Quest 1
Step 1: Player must complete 2 matches in the Daily playlist
Step 2: Player must complete 2 matches in the Weekly Featured playlist
Step 3: Player must earn 9 points. Wins in the Daily or Weekly Featured playlist are worth 3, completions are worth 1.
Crucible Forged Quest 4
Unlocked on completion of Quest 1 & 2
Player must earn 4 points. Wins in Control are worth 3, completions are worth 1.
Same as above, but in Rift
Same as above, but in Clash
Same as above, but in Rumble
Same as above, but in Skirmish
Same as above, but in Salvage
Crucible Forged Quest 5
Player must earn 9 points. Wins in Elimination are worth 3, completions are worth 1.
Crucible Forged Quest 6
The player must complete 8 matches with at least 1,200 Score. No wins required.
Crucible Forged Quest 7
Steps no longer require wins
Step 1: The player must complete 4 matches with at least six Auto-Rifle kills
Step 2: The player must complete 4 matches with at least six Pulse Rifle kills
Step 3: The player must complete 4 matches with at least six Scout Rifle kills
Step 4: The player must complete 4 matches with at least six Hand Cannon kills
Crucible Forged Quest 8
Still requires completion of all other Crucible Forged Quests to unlock
Players must earn 20 points. Wins in any playlist are worth 3, match completions are worth 1. No regression on loss
Still unlocks Weekly Crucible Bounties account-wide on completion, which can drop 300+ Light Level gear and Exotics

Iron Banner

Increased drop rate for Legendary Gear in the Iron Banner playlist

Increased Iron Banner reputation gain from games by 20%

Added a package at Ranks 3 & Rank 5 that grants additional rewards to the player

Known issue: Some of the items from the Rank 5 package will not be awarded when you open it until you return to orbit

Added an Iron Banner Ghost Shell that can also drop in the playlist at Rank 5

Gear that buffs Iron Banner Faction reputation gain now have corresponding perk description and icons

Fixed an issue where Tempered Buff was not correctly appearing in the Character Screen

Maps

Adjusted Rumble landing positions on Frontier for better spacing

Moved Heavy ammo crates on Asylum

Added Asylum to the Skirmish playlist

Added invisible physics and kill volumes to prevent players from going out-of-bounds on The Burning Shrine, Frontier, and Vertigo

Fixed text in the introduction to Widow's Court

Items

Banshee-44 has remembered where he was keeping his stores of Weapon Parts, and now sells them for Glimmer (5 weapon parts for 250 Glimmer)
Faction Rep turn-ins have accordingly been reduced in value from 75 Rep back down to 50 Rep per 25 Parts

Shaxx now sells all three Legendary Swords to players who complete the quest "Blademaster" to obtain one of the Exotic Swords
Legendary Swords now have a Level Requirement of 40

Fixed an issue where players could not accept a refurbished Arcadia ship from Amanda Holliday if they already had one in their Vault

Inventory

The Agonarch Rune can no longer be transferred to the Vault or between characters to prevent a circumstance where that action would lock the player's other characters out of potential rewards
Charged Agonarch Runes can still be vaulted and transferred between character

Fixed an issue where the "Wolfsgrin" emblem was not available from the Collection station if the player had a full collection

Fixed an issue where the "Laurea Prima" emblem would keep getting awarded to the player upon entering Orbit
And Iron Banana, now with no control points!
FAQ

What is the Iron Banner?

It is a week long event Bungie puts on to allow higher level guardians to compete in Level Advantaged Crucible games. More info can be read right over here - link to bungie.net

How Long does Iron Banner last?

Starts 11/17/15 at 9am UTC and ends on 11/24/15 at 9am UTC.
You can use this website to convert between UTC and your timezone

Where do I go to find Guardians to game with in the Iron Banner?

You can head over to /r/Fireteams, www.The100.io, DestinyLFG.net or DestinyLFG.com or use our Team Up Tuesday post.

What if I have a question about another piece of armor/weapon or general Iron Banner question?

Use Control + F (Or Command + F if on a Mac) and search for keywords in your question. Someone may have asked it already. If they haven't ask right below.

Useful Links

The Full Iron Banner Guide to Ranking Up FAST - Now Revised with New Win + Bounty Values by /u/GenericDreadHead

IronBanner.info for your Iron Banner Standings

destinychecklist.net for Iron Banner and Character Stats

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
First challenge mode at Warpriest is up: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3uz7ub/warpriest_challenge_is_up/

Seems underwhelming to do, but rewards are good!

Wish it was live last night. On hard mode we took the Warpriest down in two turns (different aura holders each time). Everyone using high impact snipers, switching to heavy/primaries when snipe ammo ran out, dipped into blessing bubble and tethered him twice per damage phase, the second tether coming when the first ran out. All six fireteam members stayed alive. I was shocked. After he went down the team was like "wait, did we just do that in two turns? are we sure this is hard mode?" because we'd never done anything like that before, even in normal mode! To confirm, I got a 315 LMG so yes, it was HM. :lol:

Now of course that Challenge Mode is out, I'm sure every team I'm on will henceforth struggle on this phase since there is an additional reward. :rolling-smiley:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So it's unconfirmed, but I'm fairly certain that challenge modes won't repeat, next week's challenge will be different, and drop different gear rewards. The rumor is that it will get progressively more difficult as well. If you have a good PUG, or a regular raid group with a good dynamic, this week's challenge mode is really manageable. We ran hard mode Warpriest challenge last night three times in 2 hours (we did Totems too for the chest). If you complete the HM Challenge you get:
  • 310 artifact
  • 320 artifact
  • 310 raid weapon (special or heavy)
  • 320 raid weapon (special or heavy)
  • any normal and hard mode raid drops from Warpriest you would have gotten otherwise
  • chance for exotics if you remember to pop 3 of coin
And that is per character. So I got 3 x 310 artifacts and 3 x 320 weapons (in addition to a bunch of regular and harrowed weapons/gear). It was the most rewarding two hours I've spent in Destiny in quite some time. Do the Challenge Mode before it runs out. It added 2 light points to all of my characters immediately (used to be 311, 311, 314 and now I can get to 313, 313, 316).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We did challenge mode x3 last night, didn't wipe once, didnt take more than 2 rounds any run. 320 artifacts for all my guys and my 'main' can get to 318 now =)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
First two challenge modes were relatively manageable even at hard mode, cleared on all three characters. This last one, ugh what a grind. But just got my first, and likely only one, on my Titan (have plans today and it resets tonight). But what a clear, if this is my only one. My Titan was the only one that didn't have a raid helmet...and both the regular and harrowed helmet dropped, and the latter at 320! Which means my Titan went from last to get the complete normal mode raid armor, to first to get the complete harrowed raid armor! To quote Ricky Bobby, if you ain't first, you're last!

Oryx Challenge on hard mode is difficult in terms of everyone coordinating and knowing your roles. You really need at least one if not two blessing Titans, and everyone needs to team shot the ogres in their spawn points and kill all knights ASAP. And of course stay alive through all four shade phases since there are no revives (except obviously for Sunsingers).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
greed all around. Never beat Oryx CM. I did get a 317 Oryx helm tho.

I was so pissed that I spent the $10 for the Sparrow Book and couldnt win races that I mighta went a little obsessed. Did over 100 races and finally 'clicked' and I beat the race book and got my emblem.

But..... I apparently deleted one piece of momentum gear and now can't make the set light up.

Sad Panda. Rumors are that we will be able to rebuy it but sounds like a long shot.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ended up getting a second Oryx CM HM completion the night of the reset. So the keys we found were this:
  • At least one, maybe two Titans who drop blessing bubble in the middle between the two Daughters platforms. Have the Titan dropping the bubble back up against the platform opposite Oryx which will give your guardians an ability to step outside the bubble to DPS Oryx. The bubble should have Bastion for 45 second duration, and should be dropped as soon as Oryx's fist goes up after first smash of the platform.
  • The two in the middle should DPS all four ogres ASAP along with the plateholders in the order they spawn, and have responsibility for 4th ogre (though 3rd plate holder should also team-shot). All plateholders need to either kill their knight ASAP or call out if they can't.
  • If you have a competent, and quick, relic runner (nearly essential) it helps as teammates don't have to stay on plates too long. If you don't get your knight down run to mid for blessing bubble and call it out, then teamshot the knight. If a knight detonates a corrupted light you'll just have to do 1 or 2 more turns (to get 5 stacked in 3 locations to make up for the one location that the knight got to)
  • Do the "1, 2, 3" strategy rather than assigned plates, and be sure who in the middle team will get the 4th blight when it's time to detonate all 16
  • Plateholders should use high impact snipers to stagger ogres in their spawn point for the kill, and to also kill their knights in 2 headshots (1 if you are properly leveled and using Black Spindle).
  • Middle blessing bubble team should be using Touch of Malice on last bonus damage bullet while stepping in and out of the bubble to regenerate shields on ogres and knights.
  • For the Shade portion, outside team needs to really do a good job of killing adds before they get into the bubble and screw with the team dealing with the shade. Inside team needs to call out the Shade's location, including when he teleports (i.e. right 90 degrees) and when he rushes inside. When he rushes inside, the outside team needs to know because the next guy teleported in needs to run/jump so the shade doesn't kill him.
That's all I can think of for now, overall I really liked CM especially the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks