What's new

Bungie + Next Gen = Destiny (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well it's going to be more like $25, because Best Buy is on my credit card's 5% bonus this quarter. If it were just $10 that might be somewhat compelling. But at $25, I'm not rich enough to thumb my nose at that yet.

I'm not buying the disc to avoid downloading, most games in the next-gen platforms require this. But being able to burn 50GB from the disc and downloading 15GB will likely be much faster then loading all 65GBs.

Plus my local BB has a midnight sale, which is always a hoot to go to.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That BB gamers club discount is great. You also get an additional 10% on trade ins. Can't trade in digital copies. ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they'll stack
Screen Shot 2014-11-04 at 3.49.48 PM.png

It says "Unlocked members also get 20% off". Since the $10 gift card offer is just to the left, and they use the word "also", I take that to mean I'll get both. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well it's officially preordered. I can verify that I got the $47.99 price for it. I won't know about the rewardzone bonus until a month later, when it kicks in, but I captured the screen print above and will argue for it if for whatever reason I don't get it a month from now. Also got the multiplayer map guidebook. Both items will be held for me at the local BB, which is slated to be one of the stores open at 12am Monday/Tuesday. So next time I go by, I'll ask if they'll be ready for pickup at midnight. I'm hoping they will.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You get both Carlos. About 30 days after release you will get an email with the $10 voucher. I do it all the time.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tino said:
That's happened to me a few times Edwin
Thanks for letting me know. On one hand it's not good seeing that other people are having problems with Bungie's servers. On the other, it's good to know that the problems are not all on my end with my connection.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It was worse when the game was first released. It's better now but still happens occasionally.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there actually any point to collecting materials in this game? For example, the spinmetal or should a person not bother. It looks like the game was supposed to have some sort of economic component to it, but it was ditched in order to make it a run and gun with a generic story. There seems to be a lot of missing elements in this game, compared to what was advertised. I watched a youtube video that raised a lot interesting points about what may have been cut. For example, the sparrows. Why have an entire area for upgrading sparrows when all you do is use the things to get to a battle site quicker?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Have you not tried upgrading your weapons and armor yet? That's what spinmetal, helium filaments, ascendant energy/shards, etc. are all used for.

Agree that they must have trimmed a lot to meet a deadline, especially that bit about the sparrows, but the materials you collect are currently used in-game right now (assuming you have higher level weapons).

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Carlo Medina said:
Have you not tried upgrading your weapons and armor yet? That's what spinmetal, helium filaments, ascendant energy/shards, etc. are all used for.

Agree that they must have trimmed a lot to meet a deadline, especially that bit about the sparrows, but the materials you collect are currently used in-game right now (assuming you have higher level weapons).
Not really. I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of the game. I was out of town for over month just after I bought it, so I am way behind on how everything works in the thing. The upgrades I've been getting are from leveling. How does a person go about using that stuff to upgrade? Also, I tried the Crucible stuff, but I think I won't be playing that part of the game. I massively suck at on-line playing. I also thought that portion of the game is ridiculous in that they lock-out level advantages, but they don't put a limit on the weapons. In the one game I played I was getting slaughtered because the guys a person was up against were all using one shot kill weapons and a person is trying to play with underpowered Scout rifles, shotguns and the like.

Also, in that part of the game, players would immediately sit down if you shot them. Is that part of the game mechanics or is that some ploy guys use to avoid having to respawn, because they are counting on a person not gunning them down while they sit there?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Never seen that
Yeah. I've never seen something like that in any other on-line multi-player game that I have tried, but that is what these particular guys would do. They would immediately sit down if you shot them and didn't finish them off with a one-shot kill. It was like they were counting on a person not gunning them down while they sat there. In my case, it worked for them. I found it hard to shoot somebody if they were not actively engaging. Kind of dumb on my part since it is just a game, but that is how I feel about it. Even in a game it feels wrong to blast someone who isn't actively doing anything, other than just sitting there.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have to say that there is more than a couple of things I don't like in this game. Weapon selection being one of them. I don't like not being able to cycle through primary, secondary and heavy weapons in a convenient manner so as to be able to pick and change weapons on the fly. Going to the character screen is a PITA to change to different primary weapon if the one you have selected doesn't seem to be doing the job.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man, I just can't figure out why I suck so fucking bad at multi-player. I tried one of the free-for-all games in the crucible and just got slaughtered. I didn't get one kill in that thing, just killed a lot. lol

I guess I'm just too old and slow to keeo up in that arena or somebody is using cheats. I've always felt that a lot of people use cheats in multi-player games. You can barely get a bead on someone in those games and they waste you. It is hard to believe that someone could be that fast and true in their aim without the use of some sort of modifier.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Trust me. There are many players that ARE that good. I used to think they must be cheating too. Turns out they are great and I just suck. ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Carlo: Xur is selling The Last Word. I know you love your handcannons, this is the best one in the game. It's full auto and can get to 300 damage when fully upgraded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks