1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulk photo compressor ?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Mike Heenan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a photo compressor for the Mac you can use to compress large amounts of photos? I am currently uploading my Istanbul pics to my myspace page, and they were all 8mp and huge files of course, and it takes forever. I obviously want to keep the originals at the orginal resolution, but I'm wondering if there's a program I can use to compress copies of the photos to a smaller resolution for emailing and posting purposes.

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
  3. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Well-Known Member

You can use the send email function in iPhoto. Just multiple select the photos you want resized (in iPhoto) then select the email icon at the bottom of the iPhoto window. It will give you a choice of sizes. Choose the size you want. It will resize the photos and open them in a new email. From here just drag and drop the photos from the email to a folder. Now you have new smaller copies all done for you.

-EJ

4. Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds Well-Known Member

Aaron Reynolds
    Eric's trick can also be accomplished directly in iPhoto without going to Mail. Select a group of photographs, go to the File menu, select Export, set JPEG as your format and choose small, medium or large (or custom if you want more control), then pick a folder to put them all into.

That's in '08 -- in iPhoto '06 you have to choose specific resolution numbers instead of small, medium or large.

5. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Well-Known Member

I should have figured iPhoto had this feature elsewhere without involving mail. Thanks for the tip.

-EJ