What's new

Building Materials (1 Viewer)

ScottDIY

Agent
I found carpender grade 3/4" red oak plywood for $50.00/sheet. To give a cost comparison, 2 sheets of 4x4 MDF = $36.46.

Darren_T

Second Unit
Where do you buy your MDF? I can buy two full 4x8 sheets at Home Depot or Lowes for 40 bucks.

Darren

ScottDIY

Agent
Kent Building Supplies. Home Depo is building a store across the street, it's supposed to be open next month. All prices are in Canadian Dollars.

Darren_T

Second Unit
Ahhhh... ok. That explains the price thingy. You should still be able to get a much better deal when you get a Home Depot though. If you choose to use the oak plywood be sure it is cabinet grade. Most of the usual oak plywood is full of voids. Cabinet grade is supposed to have minimal voids and is much better suited to build speakers but will probably cost $100.00 a sheet US.

Darren

ScottDIY

Agent
Ok, I did have a look at the edges and they looked solid. Maybe I would be better off with the MDF and veneer, I was just trying to reduce the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks