What's new

Build Shiva Box?? Help. New to this (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
no what you showed me looked great. Ill just cauke the insides. It doesnt look that hard. Ill just take my time. Maybe build the box first then worry about what to order

Brian Tatnall

Stunt Coordinator
Many of the members around here have helped me both building and learning. I owe most of what I know to them and then many hours researching and trying to make the ideas practical. I have much to learn still.

I'm glad I can help.

Jeff, one last thing before I need to start in on the school work for tomorrow :)

You are going to want to decide on the box and driver together. Each driver had different technical specs specifically the Q values and they need to be taken into consideration when building a box. Speaker and Box form one system and you can not just throw a driver into any box and expect it to be accurate.

I suggest a progam like WinISD or LspCAD to different boxes with different drivers. Or you could ask one of us around here to model up a few different boxes for you.

An important question to ask is how much space do i have? If you have a wife...what is acceptable to her? And other questions like that.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever. The box could be huge. Im in my own fraternity house and this is for my apt in the house

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, MCM 250 watt plate amps(model #50-6281A) are on sale for $99.95 right now. And orders over $100 get free shipping. My shiva's are loving them. The 350watt remote contolled amp is on sale for $159(model# 50-6282).

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

The ohm rating of the receiver's amp has nothing to do with the sub amp or driver. Your receiver should have a sub output which will be connected between the receiver and sub with an RCA cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks