What's new

'BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER' season 3 dvd challenge (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Ok, it's a new week which means new episodes. The episodes for this week are:

"Homecoming"
"Band Candy"
"Revelations"
"Lover's Walk"

Enjoy!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Homecoming:

Not really one of my favorite episodes.

Glad to see the first appearance of the Mayor. His quirkiness is very funny.

The whole Willow and Xander kiss comes out of the blue. Not really sure the show needed this complication.

Band Candy:

This is a very fun episode. One of the best of the season.

There is something really creepy about adults trying to re-live their youth.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, we are now on season 3 so you would need quite a marathon session to catch up. I would not recommend starting in the middle. It really needs to be watched in order.

All that being said, you are very welcome to join us.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the invite. Not too worried about the time, though. I just got thru 5 seasons of the West Wing in less than a month or so...

Now, I just got to come to decision about buying the series....

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Joe, you should. You won't be sorry. It's a fantastic show. And if you got thru "The West Wing" so quickly I can't see how you wouldn't be able to get caught up with us. Once you start with this show you won't be able to stop, it's very addicting.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Last night I watched Homecoming and Band Candy.

In Homecoming, my favorite scene is when Cordelia confronts that Vamp and scares him off. You gotta love Cordelia.

In Band Candy, I absolutely loved Giles in that episode. I loved how we got to see his bad ass side a little bit more and how his accent was a little bit stronger. And all the making out he does with Joyce is just classic. I was hoping that would hook up after that but unfortunately it never happened.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
LOL, I was reading a story on the CNN website and instantly knew the cause.
Earthquakes in Ohio

Isn't his where the other Hellmouth is?

Guess now that the one in Sunnydale is closed, this Ohio one is the only way out.

LOL, I know it is sort of off topic, but I had a laugh. Thought I would share.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I really disliked that whole thing. It felt like an arbitrary wedge between Xander and Cordelia so they could writer her out of the show and into Angel.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Revelations:

Another good episode. There is a lot going on.

It is strange watching this after you know the twist. I don’t see any clues at all. Mrs. Post acted perfectly normal.

Not quite sure how Xander was able to get over his tantrum so fast. But I am glad the secret about Angel being back is now out.

Lovers' Walk:

It all comes to a head. Willow and Xander both screw up big time. They had good things, yet couldn’t control themselves. Guess they get what they deserve.

Good to see spike back. If only for an episode.

Love the scene with Spike and Joyce.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm all caught up with Disc 2.

The episodes to watch this week are:

"The Wish"
"Amends"
"Gingerbread"

Enjoy!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Wish:

Very fun episode. Got to love Vamp Willow. Scary and sexy at the same time.

Also a good episode because we get introduced to Anya. Wonder if Joss knew at the time she was to become one of the Scoobies?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
if the little boy in Gingerbread looks familiar to you, but you can't place it, he's Shawn Pyfrom, Andrew Van De Kamp from Desperate Housewives when he was a little boy.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
The Wish

My all-time favorite episode of "Buffy". I LOVE this episode. Seeing Xander and Willow being vamps was just too damn fun. And man, Xander really does play a bad-ass well. I love it. And I also love Willow torturing Angel and calling him the 'puppy'. And the fact that Buffy is a little edgier with a scar was a cool touch too. The one thing that did surprise me was Cordelia getting killed. I didn't see that coming. And the last few seconds of the episode when the Master kills Buffy was a little shocking and a little disturbing. Leave it to Joss Whedon to come up with something so twisted as that. LOVE IT!

I give this episode 7 stars out of 5 because it's that good.

(speaking of the stars, in neither the quick reply or post reply is there a tool bar with the smilie thing, where is it?)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
The Wish:

definately a favorite episode, setting up so much for the rest of the series and a great introduction for Anya
(does anything see the irony that Xander was why Anya was summoned in the first place and then she winds up with him?
. My fave part is Vamp Willow, setting up for my favorite season 3 episode.

Amends:
this episode has so much foreshadowing it's not even funny, I wonder if Joss even knew back then. The closest thing Buffy came to a Christmas episode, but of course written in a way that only Joss could.

Gingerbread:

Not a favorite, but some really funny moments, like the Doodle speech.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Amends:

This episode is a little too sappy for me. The whole dialog between Buffy and Angel at the end was just too over-dramatic.

Willow looked really nice when Oz showed up with the movies.

Gingerbread:

Arg! This episode really ticks me off. Not the quality, but the way Joyce and the other parents act. I know they are under a spell, but I just wanted to slap Joyce. Guess that means the episode works.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I'll explain:

Last week we moved into a new apartment. To say that it's a trying task is an understatement.

Compound that with my lack of internet access until yesterday, so I couldn't even follow along with what everyone was writing, and the fact that we bought an HDTV as a moving gift for ourselves, so I've been mostly viewing primetime shows I don't even watch - because I'm amazed at how incredible and w i d e they look - and therefore watching Buffy just ended up being pushed aside. Plus, since I view all my DVDs on my computer, I couldn't watch anything until last night because I had some graphics hardware acceleration problems.

The last episode I watched was "Passion", but seasons 2 and 3 are still fresh enough in my memory to follow along with the thread now, and catch up on the actual viewings later.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Congrats on your new move and your new toy, Nicholas. We are happy to have you back.

Over the weekend I finished Disc 3. I enjoyed both "Amends" and "Gingerbread".

Now we are onto Disc 4. Which includes the episodes:

"Helpless"
"The Zeppo"
"Bad Girls"
"Consequences"

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks