What's new

Buffy single episode reccomendations needed... (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This may be a little off topic but is Buffy worth a blind buy?
All the fans are going to say "yes". Few shows inspire the depth of loyalty that Buffy enjoys. OTOH, I regularly encounter people who just don't warm to the show's quirky tone. It's not like any of the shows you've listed as your favorites; in fact, it's not like any show I've ever seen (except, maybe, Angel). Shows like Alias and Dark Angel have borrowed various elements from Buffy, but they turned out very differently.

$120 for the first four seasons is an excellent price, though.

M.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
his may be a little off topic but is Buffy worth a blind buy? Best Buy is having a sales next week for $120 for all four seasons. The TV shows I enjoyed are 24, the Shield, the Practice, and Law and Order. Thanks.
If you have access to the FX channel, Buffy is shown at 6:00PM and 7:00PM EDT M-F. They are currently near the end of season 4. While I wouldn't expect you to be able to pick up on the show late in S4, watching an episode will give you an idea of the overall flavor you can expect. And, bear in mind, MOST people consider seasons 2 and 3 to be the best.

I had only seen the show a few times before I bought S1 last year, and I've been hooked ever since.

-Scott

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I first encountered Buffy as a Blind buy when season 1 came out, and I've had nary a complaint.

Ted woudl eb a good stand-alone. The main plot doesn't rely on much continuity and everyone loves John Ritter.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Is that $120 confirmed somewhere? I'll buy it if I can find it that cheap!

My wife and I are watching borrowed season 2 now. Mostly repeats for me...all new for her. S3 is where it'll be new for me.

Take care,
Chuck

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
Is that $120 confirmed somewhere? I'll buy it if I can find it that cheap!
I got the price from DVDTalk bargain forum. Somebody there has early access to Best Buy's Sunday ad for the upcoming week. I think that I will just buy the whole set. It seems like everybody on this board that has an opinion about the show likes it. 100% recommendation from the HTF users and 4.5 stars from Amazon can't be that wrong, I think. ;)

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
This may be a little off topic but is Buffy worth a blind buy? Best Buy is having a sales next week for $120 for all four seasons. The TV shows I enjoyed are 24, the Shield, the Practice, and Law and Order. Thanks.
Never saw Buffy on TV. For years, the only show I ever watched regularly was NYPD Blue, since Day 1. I became a serious Sopranos and Oz fan on DVD. Back in January, I had a Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my wallet, and I picked up Buffy S1 on a lark because I had heard that the writing was so good, and I do like a good ghost story now and then.

S1 was good enough to whet my appetite for more, and I bought S2. By the time I got to the midway point of S2, I was hooked. And then the second half of S2 was a serious kick in the gut. And there's no turning back now. I devour those first three seasons over and over again, never get tired of watching them, and am dying with anticipation for S4 to arrive from amazon.com.

$120 might be a little steep for a totally blind buy. But if you're interested enough to take that plunge, I seriously doubt that you'd regret it.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
$120? wow. Do it. GREAT price.

Absolutley WORST case scenario, sell them on Ebay. You'll get your money back. Though I seriously doubt you'll want to. 1st season intrigues, 2nd sesson hooks... GUARANTEED!

:) D

By the 5th season, you'll be on the edge of your seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks