What's new

Buffy Season Six (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Last I heard, Angel Season 3 is due out in March with Buffy Season 6 following in April. Seasons 4 and 7 could be out as early as Fall 2003.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
True, the R2 Buffy sets are double the cost of the R1 versions, but look at the bright side. With this season of Buffy likely to be the last, you've only got a couple more box sets to go.

Joel C

Screenwriter
The reason I decided not to buy the R2 sets? The box for season one didn't match. Otherwise, I totally would've caved.

I DID cave on Angel, but I've recently sold my two season sets (paid $180, got $150... lousy eBay luck). I'll be able to buy S1&2 US for $80, so even with the original $30 loss I'm coming out $40 ahead AND I got to watch season one again. The only S2 I watched were Disharmony and the commentaries.

The real test will be the R2 release of Alias. Oh, and I caved on Futurama but I love the R2 packaging, so I'm keeping on with those.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No word on any region. I personally expect it to show up in Japan first, but rumor has it they are CONSIDERING R1 for next year, but likely they'll wait till season 4 or 5

James Reader

Screenwriter
Lots of supplements for season 6 at the BBFC:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS AND SCIENCES PANEL DISCUSSION

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - OUTTAKES REEL
(and surprisingly BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 6 - OUTTAKES REEL too)

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - ONCE MORE WITH FEELING DIRECTORS COMMENTARY

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - NORMAL AGAIN DIRECTORS COMMENTARY

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - KARAOKE SING-ALONGS

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - HELL'S BELLS DIRECTORS COMMENTARY

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - FEATURETTE: SEASON 6 OVERVIEW: LIFE IS THE BIG BAD

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER - FEATURETTE: A & E TVOGRAPHY (?)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope they're REAL karaoke, NO voices unlike Rocky Horror. Thanks for listening Fox! I've read the transcript of that Academy panel, and it's outstanding.

I'm still hoping we get some nice OMWF footage, at least 20min of rehearsals and such.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
According to R2-DVD, there will also be commentaries for "Bargaining"(it doesn't say if it's for Part I or II) and "Grave". And apparently the A&E Tvography is 43 minutes in length and the Academy panel discussion is an hour. I hope the inclusion of these extras doesn't compromise the video quality for the episodes. Otherwise, I'd have to say that this is shaping up to be one of the best TV box sets I've ever seen. Which of course it'll have to be considering how many people were disappointed with Season 6.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Dang... people say that season 7 isn't that great either. I've had Season 5. Guess I've seen the best.

Oh well, will buy anyway.

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Season 6 isn't bad at all. It's just... different.
S4 is my least-liked season...
I found S7 to be very good (although not S3-level good)

Vincent

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Let me clarify. Season 6 of Buffy was still better than 90% of the shows on TV. It's just that when held up to the highest Buffy standards(i.e. the sheer genius that was Season 3), it fell way short.

As for Season 7, the jury's still out on this year, but it's following the same alarming pattern as last season. Strong start followed by a bunch of mediocre filler episodes. It's painfully obvious they're treading water until a certain guest star returns for the last 5 episodes.

Thankfully, Angel Season 4 is kicking the ass of every show on TV right now, including Buffy. Now there's a box set I can't wait to own.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I bought the S1 Angel set last week. Flew through it and now I'm already bidding on the R2 release of season 2 on eBay. I can't wait. Great stuff. And from what I've been reading, the realy great stuff has yet to come.

Let's hope FireFly makes it to DVD soon too.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Julian, are the karaoke tracks just the footage w/onscreen lyrics or REAL K versions with no voices?
Also, is the whole set in 5.1? I knwo the OMWF single disc is listed at 5.1, or is at least that episode 5.1?
Otherwise it sounds perfect except a lack of a cast commentary on OMWF and once again, Sarah not participating :frowning:

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Jeff, the karaoke tracks are just clips from the episodes (with the original vocals) - see the picture for what this looks like.
None of the episodes have 5.1, as far as I can see. All of them, including Once More With Feeling are in 2.0 only.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Might as well not have bothered with the karaoke tracks. What a waste. A subtitle key does the same thing :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks