1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffy Season 7 coming out earlier than expected?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Eddy-C, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Well-Known Member

My friend just got themselves a copy of the R1 Buffy Season 6 DVD,they told me that the insert says that Season 7 comes out in October 2004. Isn't that a little early?

Still its great that we'll have all the seasons by the end of the year. Now if someone could convince Fox to release Angel Season 4 in September and Angel Season 5 in December!

2. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Well-Known Member

That wouldn't surprise me. It's still 5 months after the release of Season 6, plus with Angel Season 4 due out in September, it wouldn't hurt to have the final season of Buffy available since there were a few crossover episodes.

And on a side note, did your friend mention anything about "Once More With Feeling" being anamorphic?

3. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Well-Known Member

My friend hasn't watched any of the episodes yet,but as soon as she gets a look at OMWF I'll let you know.

4. KatieB

KatieB Member

It would be awesome if they would release Buffy S7 so fast!
    This may be a stupid question, but I can't help myself. How does everybody get copies of stuff before it's out? I mean, do you have to know somebody or is there a website or something? I am dying for Buffy S6 to come out and I read a post the other day about someone just getting their copy of S7. I know I can get other copies from different regions, but I really prefer R1 sets.
    And yes, it would be great if they would have all the Buffys and Angels out by the end of the year. I can't see waiting for a further 6 months after the Septemberish release of Angel S4.

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Could be a review copy, or could just be a retailer that broke street date (though this is pretty damn early for a retailer to have a copy).

6. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Well-Known Member

7. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Well-Known Member

Must have been the R2 version, which is just out. I doubt that R1 discs for season 7 have even been pressed.

M.

8. Ryan_Guah

Ryan_Guah Well-Known Member

Hmm.. Interesting. They have been going out of their pattern lately anyhow (May, instead of June, December, instead of January) so I guess it would make sense. It's going to be great to finally get all of the seasons of the show, except that I'll be broke come October. I have to buy Season 4 of Angel, AND Season 7 of Buffy. I hope Tru Calling isn't out until next year, haha.

9. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Well-Known Member

Eddy C-

Any word on whether OMWF is anamorphic yet...? Would be a GREAT surprise...!

[​IMG] D

10. Ryan_Guah

Ryan_Guah Well-Known Member

That would be a great surprise.

Tell me, is anamorphic widescreen only different than regular widescreen in that it is enhanced for widescreen TVs? So that someone with a regular 4:3 TV wouldn't be effected?

11. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Well-Known Member

That's correct, Ryan. If you don't know if it's anamorphic or not, you still wouldn't know by viewing it on a 4:3 TV.

On a widescreen TV, a non-anamorphic widescreen movie shows in the middle, 4:3 section of the screen with the black bars at top and bottom. So you have the outside, non-4:3 area of the TV gray and the top and bottom of the viewable area black.

Sometimes, I'll use the full zoom feature on my TV to have a non-anamorphic fill the width of the screen. But you definitely see some picture degradation when you do that.

12. Dave Mack

EDDY C!!!

The suspense is KILLING us!!!

well, me at least... C'mon!!!!!!

[​IMG] D

13. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm going to shoot myself if it's non-anamorphic...it just doesn't make any sense.

14. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Well-Known Member

I finally got a hold of my friend and this is what she said about OMWF "I'm not sure about the anamorphic q. I looked all over the disc but there is no spec sheet detailing whether it is or not. I can tell ya there is black on the edges of the picture (l & r) - like the episode is boxed out which is odd. Usually with letterboxing you get the full image across the screen but not in this case - which is irritating. "

Is that normal?

15. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Well-Known Member

Sounds non-anamorphic to me (see my previous post).

16. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Well-Known Member

I do like that they windowboxed it, like when it originally aired. This likely will help in the case of overscan.

17. Dave Mack

Eddy... What kind of set was it viewed on..? If a typical 4x3 set, then the bars on the side don't mean non-annie. If it was a 16x9 set, most likely. But then you'd have to have a player like the JVC's that automatically add black bars to the sides of 4x3 videos...
    if the bars are real small, we could be ok...

18. Joshua_W

Joshua_W Well-Known Member

I was in a Suncoast yesterday, browsing in the Horror/Sci-Fi section, and heard something... a song that sounded familiar.

It was Tara singing "Under Your Spell."

They were playing "Once More, With Feeling" in the store!

I stood in the store and watched through "Rest in Peace." The DVD was obviously a screener because it ran a "Property of 20th Century Fox" crawler occasionally at the bottom of the screen.

It was widescreen, but I couldn't tell if it was enhanced or not.

19. Dave Mack

GRRRRR!! ARGHH!!!!!! We GOTTA know!!!!!!!!!!

20. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Well-Known Member

The emmy screener was non anamorphic I believe.