What's new

Buffy Chosen Collection Availability (1 Viewer)

Dan Shay

Auditioning
Well, I managed to score the boxed set from a Borders about 30 min from my house for about $150, including tax.

Here's how I did it.

First, I kept checking Borders' website for their in-store inventory search. A lot of stores are listing the set as "Order" which means they can order it for you. Borders is currently retailing it for $200. I found a store near me that had one in stock and used their online reservation system to reserve the boxed set. I drove out today, picked up the set, and used a 30% off coupon to buy the set, dropping the price from, like, $210 with tax to $150 with tax. A major deal.

I know Barnes and Noble is also selling it online for $199.99 retail, although if you're a B&N member, you can get it for $179.99 with free shipping. At this point, that's what I'd recommend. I tried about three e-bay auctions but they all went over that $180 mark when you added in the shipping costs.

Plus, I'd rather buy from a retailer that I can bring the set back to and demand a replacement from with relative ease.

So, that's my advice on how to score yourself a set. It's not the "perfect" deal that the pre-order $130 cost was, or that the $140 deal on DDD is, but it's still a damnsight better than Amazon.com or e-bay for over $200.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So, this set really is gone for the most part? I can't believe it was released and essentially sold out in only a couple months. Glad I got mine when I did. The DDD sale was timed perfectly. One week later and I might have lost out.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I thought that the DVD specifications allowed for vectors to be programmed to "pan and scan" on the fly. Not that anyone is taking advantage of it, so it might as well not be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks