What's new

'BUFFY' & 'ANGEL' S4/S1 DVD Challenge (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am watching it along with Buffy.

I just finished watching the 2 Faith episodes on Angel. I think they sort of went overboard on making the watchers council a bunch of thugs.

I also was a bit confused at Angels reaction to Buffy at the end of Sanctuary. He was pretty harsh to her. But then again she was harsh towards him. I guess this sort of is a way of bringing the whole Buffy/Angel thing to an end. All the chemistry was gone for sure at the end of this episode.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
To answer your question :)

The Ring:star:
Crap episode, no other explanation for it. The star is for the fact that this is the episode we first see Stephanie Romanov. Other than that it is a pretty pointless episode.

Eternity:star::star::star:
I liked this episode a lot though the resolution is over a little quick with the central guest character being glossed over with a couple of lines of dialogue. It could have done with another scene between her and Angel. Still at least we get to see Angelus again if only for a bit. Thought this might have been their way of showing people who hadnt seen Buffy what Angelus was like.

Five By Five and Sanctuary:star::star::star::star::star:
Faith would have fitted in really well into the series and I suppose the fact that she is not in as a series regular in either Angel and Buffy always seems to make the episodes she appears in stand out. These are 2 fantastic episodes and I am glad they tried to bring Faith's story to some sort of conclusion here otherwise her re-appearances in the both series could have got a bit repetitive. I actually really liked the exchanges between Buffy and Angel and it really drew a line under their relationship.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Where the Wild Things Are

This is a strange episode because although I like the mayhem that ensues, it's the cause of the mayhem that's a bit of a stretch. I know that Buffy and Riley are into each other, but to think that they were having sex for HOURS and hours is difficult to buy IMO.

It's as if the writers knew that a typical Buffy crisis lasts for what, a few hours, and so they needed to come up with a way to have them go at it for that long because they were the cause of that week's adventure, if they had stopped the episode would have ended prematurly.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Where the Wild Things Are:

Loved seeing the face on Willow when watching Giles singing.

It seemed sort of weird that they had a condom commercial in this episode.

New Moon Rising:

Poor Oz. All that work for nothing.

Buffy was being a bit of a bitch to Riley until the end. I know they are trying to show that Buffy is still sensitive to her always falling for the wrong guys, but she didn’t have to take it out on poor Riley.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

Thanks, Hammer! I'm already a big Firefly fan (and Astonishing X-Men) so I figured I'd have to bite the bullet and jump into his biggest work. I'm enjoying it so far.

And I'm doing Angel alongside. I just wish I didn't have to jump back and forth with all these crossovers!

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Actually it can happen. You meet that right person you have loads of chemistry with and spending hours in bed is not a stretch. I've had a few days like that in my life.

Holadem: I'm following the viewing order so I'm definitely watching both shows. I just haven't had much to comment on in the last few "Angel" episodes I have watched. I will say that Eternity is one of my favorite season one episodes.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I was under the impression that it was the House spirits that caused them to go at it like bunnies. Because of this, I didn't think anything of the amount of time. I guess I assumed that because Buffy kept saying that she had to keep touching him was a clue that there was more than hormones at play.

The Yoko Factor:

It wasn’t very hard for Spike to muck things up. All they needed was a little prodding. It is fun to see him so sadistic. You get a sense that he really enjoyed it a lot.

Giles drunk was worth the price of admission. I loved that last “Bloody Hell” coming down from his room when he finally realized about Willow and Tara.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Primeval:

Good Season Finale. Looks like they had some spare money left in the budget for the final battle scene. Lots of pyrotechnics and stunts.

I got a kick out of the expressions on Adams face when he was fighting the Uber-Buffy. It started out as curiosity, but he kept getting more and more worried.

Restless:

Weird episode. Weird placement of the episode. Weird way to end a season.

Weird trying to explain the episode to my parents. LOL

------------------

I am going to be watching the rest of the Buffy seasons with my folks at a really accelerated pace. We are watching 2 episodes a day and we just caught up with where I was with you guys. As we go farther and farther ahead of you guys, it will be harder for me to participate as far as the Buffy series comments are concerned. My memory isn't what it used to be. :)

I will continue to watch Angel with the rest of you. I will try and post more thoughts on the Angel episodes as well.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Sounds good, Scott.

Over the weekend I watched Five by Five, Sanctuary, The Yoko Factor and Primeval. Still have one more episode to watch to get caught up.

This week we are scheduled to watch:

A1x20: War Zone
A1x21: Blind Date
A1x22: To Shanshu in LA

Which will bring us to the end of two great seasons! I will start a new thread for Season 5 and Season 2 next Monday. We will be starting with the first disc of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 5.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well I just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Angel, Season 1. I liked this series much more than I expected. This is only my 2nd time watching through the Angel series and it was even better this time around.

I really hated the whole Wolfram and Heart thing the first time around, but this time, I like having them as the bad guys. It is a big change from the buffy series. I guess this is what they were going for.

I am looking forward to starting Season 2.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Having human villains, as well as demons with actual intelligence? Yeah, I'd say that's different than on Buffy. That's life in the big city. Good and evil are not absolutes on ANGEL. Season 2 is all about that. Personally, it's my favorite.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Oh come on now, that's going too far. I haven't seen anything in season one of Angel that leads me to the conclusion that it's villains are any more or less intelligent than on Buffy, these two shows come from the same mind and are in the same universe and from what i've seen their respective villains are cut from the same exact cloth.

The villains on Angel are great but lets not overdo it, here lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks