What's new

Buck Rogers in the 21st Century (1 Viewer)

chris*b

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. I will be buying this for sure. BR is my first TV recollection pretty much, next to Mr. Rogers, and Sesame Street. I loved the show.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Since Season One and Two are being packaged together I now see this as a better deal as long as the price isn't outrageous. So I think I'm in now:D

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
in order to have all of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century on 5 disks is to put them on two sided disks with at lest 7 episodes on each disk and one disk with 8 episodes on it.
myself i would hate this.
needs to be put on 9 disks with lables. i cant see puting more then 4 shows to a disk and still have lables.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Twikki's head?

Seriously, a nice special edition case would be the discs housed within a "Dr Theopolis" like spindle. And it would have straps so you could wear it around your neck and walk around saying "biddie biddie biddie."

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

It'll probably be double-sided discs, just like Battlestar Galactica. To those who said to do a special box like Dr. Theopolis: don't give Universal any ideas!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Hiya, Oscar! Long time no talk!

If you double-check our news, you'll see that Universal hasn't spoken about extras yet. They usually don't mention extras at the initial announcement, instead waiting to discuss them later on.

The Digital Bits says in one breath that extras weren't announced, but in the next breath says that they think Gil Gerard is doing a commentary. I don't think it would be like that: Gord and I ran a piece a few months ago that planned commentaries and interviews with both Gil and Erin had been scrapped. We ran a "campaign" to let fans send feedback to Uni asking that these extras be reinstated. I really doubt the studio would reinstate just Gil, and leave Erin out in the cold. They are good friends, and go on the road to Conventions together routinely. I would be surprised if this were the case.

Still, I'm working to find out, so stay tuned. When I get info about Buck's extras, I'll post a news item at TSoD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

My guess is the whole package will be similar to Battlestar Galactica's in terms of double-sided discs, featurettes, commentary, etc. Both series on DVD are labeled as "The Complete Epic Series."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Loved it then. Watched one recently and could barely get through it. It has not aged well.
I was surprised that Dennis Hubert of "24" was actually on the episode that I was watcing. He's come a long way!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That really is too bad; I hate to see studios passing up opportunities like this, and I don't care for the precedent it sets either ("Hey, BR didn't have commentaries and it sold alright... Why do we need to do it for the Six Million Dollar Man/The Mod Squad/(insert your favorite show)?")

Still looking forward to BR. Hopefully, Universal won't skimp on the packaging too.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully, ONLY "Plot to Kill a City" and "Flight of the War Witch", as all of the others were originally presented as 2-hour specials. If they use the 2-part versions, then footage will be missing (such as when you see the 2-part version of the "Greetings From Earth" episode of Battlestar Galactica) as they would've cut stuff out to add-in the "on last week's show" reprise.

Although extras haven't been announced, I really hope they at least include cut scenes. I don't know about the series episodes, but there was quite a bit of stuff cut from the pilot (most notably, all of the scenes containing Emperor Draco, but also, some footage from the theatrical release was also left out and/or replaced).

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I wonder if the transfers will be new or the same one's Sci-Fi has been using for the past few years.
Night Gallery is setting a bad precedent for such things over at Universal.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
BTW, apparently we shouldn't complain about these show getting proper treatment on DVD, it seems this is a "HTF Cliche". ;)

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
Although the there may not be a commentary on the disks I am pretty sure that I will be there to buy this box set. I have to admit that I would much prefer that there were commentary's from Gil and Erin thought.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I am curious as to how they will handle the pilot. To my knowledge, only the theatrical version was released on home video in the past.

While I personally prefer the theatrical version...the TV version has the added epilogue at the end that I really like. Will this be a merge of the two? Will they release both versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks