What's new

BTTF III Quote Question (1 Viewer)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Okay, I think I must be going mad. I just watched Back to the Future III and I was disappointed that the quote by Mad Dog Tannen,

"What kind of pussy name is Clint Eastwood?"

was replaced by, "What kind of stupid name is Clint Eastwood?" So I did searches on HTF, and then on Google, and I can't find anything. IMDb even has the memorable quote with the word "stupid." I know I'm not making this

pussy

quote up, right?? Does anyone else remember it?

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
As far as I can remember (and I saw BTTF III in the theater a long time ago), that saying with "stupid" has always been the correct one. In fact, I am watching the film right now and there aren't any lip-sync problems at all (Tannen, in fact, does say stupid). :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Brian, what are you doing posting on HTF when you're in the middle of watching a DVD?! Anyway, I noticed too that there weren't any lip sync problems. I figured it was an alternate take of the scene for the "TV" version, and I was hoping that it was mistakenly included on the DVD like the widescreen formatting problems. I guess I made this quote up or was thinking of something else. Too bad too, because I think it's funnier my way! And all these years I've been saying what kind of p***y name is Clint Eastwood? whenever someone mentions his name...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I myself don't recall the version you describe. It's always been "stupid". In fact, the term you recall would be very out-of-place back in the old west! :eek:
Sure your memory isn't something a high school kid said at the time, misremembering? The term is definately more from the 1980's than the 1880's! :)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
That goes for me too.
me as well. although anyone who has seen european vacation should see a huge lip sync problem. during the car chase, chevy chase says 'darn it all', but his mouth actually says something entirely different. i'm really surprised they didnt edit that out, its VERY clear what he is saying.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks