What's new

Brothers and Sisters season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Things just go from bad to worse for these people, don't they? Nora had a good point: no one gives her enough credit. Of course she feels let down and betrayed by her kids...especially Sarah.

I keep waiting for Sarah to have a complete breakdown. She's the most damaged, it seems like, out of the entire clan. Her marriage is falling apart, her brother is deserting her at work, her mother is angry with her. No matter how much she might hate Holly, telling Rebecca everything was a very low blow, born out of a moment of desperation.

With every week that goes by, I'm loving this show more and more. Great fireworks this week. Rachael Griffiths for best supporting actress anyone?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I found this on TV Guide website:

I don't think there was much question about this show being renewed, but it is now official.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yep, it got renewed a week or two ago with a whole load of other ABC dramas: Lost, Desperate Housewives...I think Ugly Betty was in there...there was a list of about 9 or 10 different shows. None comedies, though.

This is a very good thing. I just wonder where B/S is going to move, since nothing stays in the post-DH timeslot for very long.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kevin pulling a hair out of Rebecca's scalp at dinner was so desperate, so it was such a Kevin thing to do, plus all his vacillating on whether to be the one that Chad comes out of the closet (after meeting with the agent) for was so Kevin.

I did feel kinda bad for Rebecca because she really wanted a family with siblings and all the baggage and antagonism that comes along with them. I can relate because I'm an only child as well.

Kitty and Robert's subplot wasn't all that engaging, but not even sure where it's going.

Nora uses her writing class to work through all her pent-up issues with William's dalliances. It's funny to watch Nora get snappish when the class give her initial short story some bad feedback.

Tom's insecurities about just being the bystander in their impending drama with twin offspring scored a "meh" from me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rebecca might be going down that Amy Abbott road (hoping not).

Kevin's boyfriend outs himself, but it also means Kevin's out of the picture as well, with the classic "it's not you, it's me" kiss-off.

Kitty goes digging into Robert's past and finds something that makes her love him even more in Artichole-ville. Cougars? Haha.

Nora and her buddy (Margot Kidder) remind me of that "grumpy old men" dynamic. Looks like Peter Coyote will be around for a while.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the youngest brother with the new younger sister is going to get a dose of the medicine his older siblings went through with his addiction. That's actually an interesting twist.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I guess Chad's ex-girlfriend was right after all.

Chad only stayed with Kevin for as long as he needed him.

Hopefully the writers will give Kevin a less neurotic relationship with less drama in the future.

Mind you, keeping Kevin as neurotic and full of drama as he is.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I think Kevin deserves what he gets - hes a pretty lousy boyfriend, both to Chad and Scotty.

That's something he can work on as the series goes on. Its nice they made a major character who isn't the one in the right.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What a weird "Dharma and Greg" reunion with the Joneses facing off against the Walkers for Game Night (with so much baggage between the 2 families).

Justin's game of Twister was a good visual gag.

Hate the Becca-Joe drama a-brewing.

Kevin deserves all the grief he gets in his dating life.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

Yeah, especially that Greg's mom on the original show was called "Kitty".

It's interesting how they've let the actor who plays Justin, grow in his natural salt and pepper hair, although he no longer looks like the youngest member of the family.

There was no chemistry between Kevin and the Senator's brother at all. Hopefully they won't flog that dead horse any further.

I just hope for the season finale the writers won't do a clichéd storyline of one of the Walkers needed a transplant and finding out that Rebecca's the only match.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Finally all caught up from the last couple of weeks.

How can one person (Kevin) be such a complete nit-wit? I mean, seriously, he messed up his relationship with Scotty, Kevin and now Jason...and those are just ones we've seen. Seriously, talking politics on a first "date"? That breaks every rule of dating!

Something else struck me about Kevin: for someone who is so righteously indignant about gay politics, he certainly doesn't participate as we saw when the lesbian daughter was brought on screen. He doesn't attend functions or get involved...yet feels he can attack anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with him.

It was interesting to see Sarah start warming up to Rebecca. I like that she was the one to start all the drama, yet she is also the second sibling to reach out to her. That being said, I'm finding Kitty very hard to like right now. Kevin and the senator specifically asked for no set ups. Yet what does she do? Set up Kevin and Jason. Then she launches into a tirade about Rebecca when she damn well knows those kinds of speeches always get this family in trouble.

One last thing: my sister mentioned how Rebecca's sob story about Joe comes conveniently after she is told the fmaily comes together in a crisis. Did Joe really kiss her? Or is she trying to get the siblings to rally to her side? It's something I'm on the fence about, considering Joe and Sarah's relationship problems.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Jason - interesting comments about the Becca-Joe kiss or not scene. I didn't think about that. My immediate reaction was how could Joe do it...not whether Becca is telling the truth. Bad me.

I just have to say I've watched this show from the beginning and it is slowly becoming one of my favorites. Sally Field is just exceptional and if she doesn't get an Emmy nod, there is something seriously wrong with the process. "Game Night" had me in stitches for the entire hour. The scene between Kitty/Nora and "Dharma/mom" at the restaurant was the funniest scene of the entire season. Sally was hilarious without saying much of anything.

Just a great show and I'm looking forward to how the season finale plays out.

Edit: Forgot to add - Like most people here, I'm disliking Kevin more and more every week. Please give him a much shorter soapbox.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read on tvguide.com about the Joe-Becca thing that they will both be to blame somehow.
Whatever that means.
I don't think she is lying especially since she wants to fit in.
Intersting seeing Eric Winter play Kevin's date. He was on Days of our lives for years.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
As much as a nit-wit that Kevin is, I enjoy his story lines.

Had the writers gone with the storyline of a perfectly happy gay guy with no neuroses, it would have bland and unbelievable.

I would like to see Kevin go out with someone who's even more neurotic than he his.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Like other other characters are perfect in the show? He has some lessons to learn just like Sarah or Kitty or Justin or...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Haha, had to laugh at Joe being dumb enough to give into Rebecca's minor come-on. Now is Rebecca just a tramp and likes to instigate trouble?

Kitty and Robert's subplot wasn't working for me.

Nora and the Prof. was okay, but I think Nora jumps off the handle too quickly at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks