What's new

Brother Bear, any one else notice this? (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
A buddy loaned me his copy of Brother Bear and after reading this thread, I noticed the problem immediately. I emailed him a link to this thread and then we checked it out on his plasma display, and wow, it's a VERY glaring problem. Not sure I would have ever noticed it, but the issue is not how noticable the problem is; the issue is that we have been given a shoddy product from Disney. I emailed the mouse this morning and will be watching the developments of this issue closely. HTF rules!

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Andrew Hamm said...

Phil Collins wrote some wonderful songs here...not to take anything away from him, but I just wanted to point out that he did not write the score. The musical score and all the orchestral music was composed by Mark Macina. Phil Collins wrote the pop songs and lyrics. (Detail I know....but it is a subject close to my heart since composing scores for Film/TV is what I do). :)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
The biggest thing I have done that you may have seen is some music for ANGEL last season. There are independant films here and there, and I worked on a musical called Sneaux! that ran in LA last year for 6 months (That was a similar situation as the above where there was a song writer I had to work with, and I did the rest...orchestrations, arrangements, score). There are samples of my stuff at my web site. And there may be some TV projects coming up soon. Things are picking up. (I am one of the young "new" guys) :)

Harold Southard

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard back from the rat, I mean Mouse? I have heard nothing. It would be nice to at least get an email admitting the problem.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I loved the artwork and character animation in Brother Bear, but I intensely disliked the movie. I could not find much enthusiasm for Phil Collins' music, either, which surprised me, as I loved his work on Tarzan, and I'm one of those rare people that usually speaks of Phil Collins' work with affection.

Harold Southard

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I emailed Disney, again. They replied and said that they were still looking into the issue and asked for my home phone number and address. That was may 12. I have heard nothing else. Anyone else pressing this matter? Here is the reply I received:

"Dear Harold,

Thank you for the e-mail regarding your Brother Bear DVD. We are
currently
researching the issues that you are describing. We ask that you please
send
us your full mailing address and phone number so that we may contact
you as
soon as we have a resolution.

If you have any other questions please call us at 1-800-723-4763,
9:30-7:30
CST, M-F.

Thank you,
WDHE Technical Support"

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Just adding to those who noticed the banding. Of course, I heard about it before I saw the movie so I was looking for it, but that's still no excuse :frowning:In other words: "We know about it, but we're just trying to figure out how to respond to you without sounding bad" :D

Harold Southard

Stunt Coordinator
"In other words: "We know about it, but we're just trying to figure out how to respond to you without sounding bad""

LOL

Or looking for a way to blame it on our dvd players or tvs so they don't have to replace the dvd's.:)

Harold Southard

Stunt Coordinator
LMAO!!!!!!!!:) Could be a little truth in that. lol. I know my cable co feels that way. Been given then hell. We have digital cable, locals are HD, but they tell us we must buy a Samsung stb in order to view the HD (even though it is free, I have a built-in HD tunner and tv is cable card ready). They still do not have HD stb's. I'll bet july 1 they want have cable cards. But anyway, that was funny.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
quote:Anyone hear anything further from Disney on this banding issue?

Considering that similar banding is apparent (though not as wide-spread) in the new Lion King 2 DVD, I assume it's not a bug, but rather a new Disney DVD "feature"!
crazy.gif

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks