What's new

Directors Brook's MGM/UA Tournament (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I have exactly 32 MGM titles so no wild cards this time.

Round 1

The Killing
vs.
Fargo

Guys And Dolls
vs.
The Yellow Submarine

You'd be killing a horse - that's not first degree murder, in fact it's not murder at all, in fact I don't know what it is. - The Killing

The companionship of a doll is a pleasant thing even for a period of time running into months. But for a close relationship that can last us through all the years of our life, no doll can take the place of aces back to back. - Guys and Dolls

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Nathan, that is the biggest lie you ever told me!

But I promise you it's true!

Guys and Dolls

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
48 views and 5 voters?

The Killing advances 3-1 saving me from having to decide between these two exceptional films.

Guys And Dolls advances 3-2 with my tie-breaking vote. I just enjoy G&D a lot more. I like YS too, but I've probably only watched it twice in how many ever years that the DVD has been out, while I've watched G&D many, many times.

Carrie
vs.
Return Of The Living Dead

12 Angry Men
vs.
Eight Men Out

You have no pulse, your blood pressure's zero-over-zero, you have no pupillary response, no reflexes and your temperature is 70 degrees. - Return Of The Living Dead

Regardless of the verdict of juries... no player who throws a ball game... no player who undertakes, or promises to throw a game... no player who sits in conference with a bunch of crooked players and gamblers where the ways and means of throwing a ball game are discussed, and does not promptly tell his club about it... will ever play professional baseball again. - Eight Men Out

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Carrie advances 3-1 including my vote

12 Angry Men advances 3-0 including my vote

The Apartment
vs.
The Last House On The Left

The Passion Of Anna
vs.
The Serpent's Egg

That's the way it crumbles...cookiewise - The Apartment

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I finished it off with The Serpent's Egg last weekend but I still have about half the SE commentary as well as the entire extra disc to watch. And I've tried 3 times to listen to the "Elliot Gould reads The Passion of Anna" thing but he keeps putting me to sleep even though Passion was my favorite of the set.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I guess I'll try and speed through this one even if it's only 3 people voting at a time. The Warner tournament will be the acid test of whether the concept is dead since it will be 64 movies, all in English.

The Apartment advances 3-0 including my vote

The Passion of Anna advances 1-0 on my vote

Some Like It Hot
vs.
Diggstown

Killer's Kiss
vs.
Blue Velvet

Mad Max
vs.
Foxy Brown

West Side Story
vs.
Stardust Memories

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Blue Velvet

Abstain on the others as it's either been too long or I haven't seen them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks