What's new

Brokeback Mountain 4/4 (see post #94) (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
This is crazy, on one hand I don't believe the 4/4 date with it being so close & nobody reputable listing it but on the other hand it must be true if B+M stores that break street date have it.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
The NYC store that had it - was it the one in the East Village, or one of the ones on 8th Avenue ?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Revealing stores that break street date is not allowed, since it can get them into trouble.

Also, I wonder if the copies of Brokeback availible at these stores are the Canadian or the American versions.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Erik - don't suppose you could email me could you? I'd be interested to get some more details seeing as the studio hasn't even announced it yet! Thanks

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
A quick recap of the contents of the DVD. The back of the cover lists three extras: an interview with Ang Lee called "Directing From the Heart;" interviews with Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossama about the script; and a documentary on the making of the film. The back cover also states "And More!"--- well, the only additional extra is a brief documentary on casting that runs less than 6 minutes. No trailers, no audio commentary. The longest extra is about 20 minutes long.

In other words, not much in terms of extras. I expect that a special edition DVD will follow at a later date.

Audio (Dolby Digital 5.1 in English and French; no DTS) and video quality are stellar.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

It's Tom Izzo and Steve Mariucci. Tom Izzo is the basketball coach at Michigan State. Steve Mariucci was the Detroit Lions head coach. They are both from Iron Mountain, Michigan and are best friends. Each was the other's best man at their weddings.

The guy in the lower left of the "cover" is Mateen Cleaves, a former Michigan State basketball player.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i guess if it needs to be explained...

either way i still dont see the joke.

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Many thanks for the confirm, Ron. It has been odd, to say the least, that a film given so much attention has been withheld from official release announcements. I could never be certain what with some retailers even rescinding pre-book orders.

Still, I hope for a Criterion Collection treatment in future. Those much talked about deleted scenes in many cases flesh out the characters and the situations.

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
lol kinda funny having the dvd b4 they even officially announce when itll be out. hehe and its the american version not the canadian from the looks of my box

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wonder if this will be one of the first movies Uni sends my way for review. I did not see it theatrically and look forward to seeing it with an open mind given all of the good reviews it got there.

Sam

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Sorry. I should have included a disclaimer that people who don't live in Michigan and/or went Michigan State wouldn't get the joke :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks