What's new

broke my Live headset, how is the Halo 2 plantronics one? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, unfortunately tonight I broke my Live headset and now need to get a replacement. I understand that Microsoft sells their replacement model for $30 however, I'm interested in possibly getting the new Halo 2 Plantronics model headset that just came out as it looks more comfortable and better designed than the normal Microsoft model. The cost is $20 more so that is the only thing bugging me about it.

Anyone here own this headset? how does it preform? is it durable? For twenty extra dollars is it worthwhile or should I skip it and go for the normal Microsoft model? thanks!

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
It's too expensive. i recently bought the Datel one for 15 and it works great. Plus the ear phone is padded and you don't have to stick it in your ear.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
What about that thing that you stick into the controller, the one that you don't stick in your ear but hear and talk through the device in the controller? Saw it in a magazine awhile ago and like the idea of not having some punk screaming directly into my ear all the time, the MAJOR reason I haven't gotten into Halo 2 MP yet.

Paul.X

Auditioning
I bought it and I don't regret it. Works great for me, never an issue with slip, never an issue being heard or hearing things as the ear piece goes right at the tip ofyour ear canal (adjustable sizes are included).

The only thing that irked me was that it is JUST a headset. The adapter that plugs into your controller does NOT come with it.

I repeat you MUST BUY the controller adapter SEPARATELY.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

Bad review on Judgement Day for that product.
As for punks, haven't really had that problem. Usually in a game you can only hear people near you or team mates on the mic. You have the option to pump voices through your TV and you can must individuals if they become a problem.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I ended up buying it. The $50 is a little hard to swallow but I liked the design of it in comparison to my original OEM headset. I'll let you all know what I think later after I've tried it.

RyanYYZ

Auditioning
"As for punks, haven't really had that problem."

Ditto - I'm actually surprised at the level of maturity I've encountered in the H2 MP. Even in head to head the trash talking has been pretty civil save one match - and he shut up once I started kicking his ***...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks