What's new

Britney at 2007 VMA (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Check out Seth Green's Leave Chris Cocker(Britney Spears) Alone parody video that he did for The Soup.
Loved how he plugs Season 3 of Robot Chicken and Season 2 on DVD

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
You make it sound like she's 300lbs! Certainly shes gained a lil' bit since she was 18 and famously doing 1000 sit-ups daily. Buts she's still got a better body than 99% of the world will ever have.

And those are some really good hair extensions;)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget the 60's also gave us Twiggy

who had the kind of physique that would guarantee a lifetime of film roles typecast as a prisoner at Birkenau.

Even at her thinnest Britney was 20lbs heavier.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
A lil'? 99% of the world? I think someone's in a very forgiving mood. Consider:

2004:

Present:

If the latter is better than 99% of the world, I think a passport renewal is in order. ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Wow. That is a huge difference, and certainly can't be attribute just to motherhood.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Clearly the HTF needs to sponsor my world travel vacation to prevent me from making such claims again. I think touring China in a rented Rolls-Royce is a good place to start.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You guys are too hard on the girl. She would have sold just as many albums had she looked like Roseanne, right?

As for the before and after shots, you do realize the first has been through Photoshop... didn't you? My criticism is with the complete lack of energy in the performance, not that she doesn't look 13 anymore.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

That Present picture is actually a couple of years old. I could be wrong, but it might even be before she had kids. I'm at work so I'm not about to go scouring the net for Britney bikini pictures, but look up any news story on her at the VMAs and you'll see a more accurate Present picture.

-paul

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I'm honestly not seeing what's wrong with the "present" picture. If anything, I prefer that her arms look like arms and not skin-covered bones.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

The bikini pic. is also taken from afar with a VERY long lens. Long lens (telephoto) shots squash perspective and make everything look bigger, wider than they are.

Here's an example.

Here's a pic. of me with a slightly wide angle lens...

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/0/05/htf_imgcache_13279.jpeg] [/url]

and here's another taken with the lens in telephoto (long lens, zoom...) mode. And nowhere NEAR the length that the bikini Brit pic. was taken with.

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/2/24/htf_imgcache_13274.jpeg] [/url]

Here, I flipped one pic. and matched the head heights...

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/c/c1/htf_imgcache_13280.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8f/htf_imgcache_13278.jpeg] [/url]

Now these were taken around the same time. My weight hadn't changed at ALL but looking at the 2 photos, one might think, "Wow! Dave, either you gained or lost quite a bit of weight there...!"

when in reality, it's just the lens. So comparing a studio shoot that was probably photoshopped to a long lens snooping photgrapher pic. (that also could have been photoshopped to look less flattering) actually means nothing.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ditto. I was seriously wondering if something was wrong with my eyes at this point, given Robert's last post.

But I think this thread illustrate why many fine healthy women are irrationally obsessed with weight and intent on destroying their bodies natural curves. With this kind of expectations, who can blame them.

--
H

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I thought that her body and choice of costume complimented her music-- tired and uninspired.

But maybe I should be kinder to her. She is, after all, 6 years younger than me.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

indeed. And now after this quote from Britney has been published...

http://tv.msn.com/music/hotgossip/9-12-07?GT1=7702

""She was also able to see video of herself throughout the auditorium," a backstage mole snitches to Us Weekly. "She flipped out. She came running off the stage, yelling 'Oh, my God, I looked like a fat pig! I looked like a fat pig!' She was inconsolable."

I'm sure that many girls, young women who for whatever reason, dig Britney and who think they themselves have a weight problem must just feel great now. They saw perhaps a more realistic looking yet still shapely woman onstage who now thinks she looked like a "fat pig" because after having 2 kids, he sixpack wasn't there.

Was the perfomance good? No. It was VERY bad. Should she be called on it? Sure.
But this whole "BRITNEY'S FAT!!!!" thing is just way over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks