What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Warner Archive Collection Announces First Blu-Ray Releases (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
let's hope lossless is included. WB should have learned by now, i have sent in several complaints =P.

also they have yet to replace back-catalog titles with lossless. *sigh*.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I wonder if this delay was related to the additional elements for the 1992 Extended Version. Perhaps they needed to be brought up to snuff for HD.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I am a big fan of the Archive and have many DVDs (even though they don't ship directly to the UK) but the blu-ray release schedule is glacial. For example if the HD master for High Society is in good shape why not put the blu-ray out through the Archive?

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I think I've heard that Warner is exploring if Blu-ray and MOD technologies can be combined. The first two Archive Blu-ray releases were pressed DVDs, but I think that the studio is studying alternatives.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Jobla said:
I think I've heard that Warner is exploring if Blu-ray and MOD technologies can be combined. The first two Archive Blu-ray releases were pressed DVDs, but I think that the studio is studying alternatives.
I hope not - I take comfort that their Blu's are at least pressed...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Billy Batson said:
I did hope that there would be a few more releases by now, & I don't think I'm alone in that.
If their original press release is any indication, Warner also hoped there would by a few more releases by now.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I wish that Warner, when preparing new titles for their Archive DVD issues, would consider Blu ray issues instead. I would have jumped at the chance to buy their new 'Whoopee!' issue in Blu ray instead of DVD (though I have ordered the DVD through Amazon!)
And I hope that Amazon makes the new Blu ray archive releases available for order since Warner won't ship direct to Australia.....
Meantime, my Blu ray archive wish list includes 'The Last of Sheila' and 'Local Hero', but more significantly, the complete Fred and Ginger oeuvre, and the long-promised but never delivered set of the three versions of 'Show Boat'. Those are just for starters. 'The Boyfriend' would go down a treat too.....
Anyway, despite their restrictive marketing, Warners is to be congratulated for the planned releases. I would think it unlikely that these sort of releases would ever see the light of day if we waited for local release in Australia!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have to admit that after we got the marvelous Blu-rays of Gypsy and Deathtrap, I was sure by the end of this year we'd have The Great Race, The Unsinkable Molly Brown, The Time Machine, Victor/Victoria, Wait Until Dark, and a whole lot more.

It's been a great disappointment.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Maybe they haven't had the sort of "consumer response" they were hoping for. So far for classic and deep-catalogue releases on Blu, the two biggest labels for this year have been Olive and Fox.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm a little lazy and little late to the game. have there been discs released already? and are there lossless audio on them?

also how is the PQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks