What's new

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! First Official News about Indiana Jones!!!!(tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Also Bill - I think the 4-disc set is more of Paramount's doing and not Lucasfilm's. I seem to recall discussions about this before, and that it was Lucasfilm that actually wanted 2-disc SE's for each individual film. So I don't know if you're damp towel is soiling the correct studio. ;)

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
I am excited about this release, and most definitely will own it. But like Bill, I am disappointed with the contents. Perhaps much of this is based on my expectations. After FOTR:EE I have high hopes for SE releases of monumental movies, and how much more monumental can Indy be? I just can't help but be a little suspicious given our knowledge of how the Lucasfilm marketing department works. Am I going to have to buy another set in a couple of years when the fourth Indy film comes out on DVD and another SE set is released?

That said, I know what I'll be watching on 11/4.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
anyone else a little bit disappointed by 3 movie only discs and 3 hours of featurettes, without even a DTS track?
Not I. As much as I may like having extra features, I very seldom actually watch them. And DTS? I don't get the appeal. It's a lot of bits used for a redundant soundtrack that is generally just an incremental improvement; I'll miss it even less than the rest.

The important information is that the movie is going to look great and be uncut. Nothing after that, quite honestly, is going to affect my decision to purchase it.

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
People do seem to be forgetting that DVD's are about the films and not the extras.

We can't really compare LOTR with Indy, as the former has been recently made with the idea of capturing all aspects of the production in order to have it on the dvd's, with legions of fans wanting see all of the development of their beloved fantasy trilogy. While Indy was made 20 years ago, with no thoughts on anything extra other than perhaps a making of doco. And I don't think Indy fans are as desperate for info as LOTR fans. And how often do people watch the docos on the LOTR set? I watched them once, probably never again.

If we did get 2 disc SE the second disc of each film would most likely be pretty light on contents. BTTF had only 3 discs in that set, with fairly light extras with those.

Hopefully the space on each disc will be fully used for the greatest potential of video and audio presentation.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I wonder if the box set will be released the same day as The Two Towers: EE? Just like Episode II and Fellowship: EE last year. All I know is that if Indy is released the same day as the EE of Two Towers, Indy will just have to wait. ;)

-Dean-

Kristoffer

Second Unit
That sure is a lot of ultimate!
Can't wait to get this ! I actually like these films more than the original star Wars....

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
The dark covers are horrible, the light ones looks a tad more appealing (why is there even a P&S version?)... :) But which one is the widescreen version?
He only said ultimate 5 times :D...

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Christmas 2003 viewing sorted :emoji_thumbsup:

I wasn't expecting anything extravagant this time around, I guess the ultimate editions will be out when Indy 4 debuts on DVD :)

Ideal opportunity to release the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade Expanded film score soundtrack CDs

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I just hope that the old documentary "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" is included on the extra disc. I remember seeing it on cable back in the summer of 1981 as a five-year-old before I saw ROTLA. I liked that documentary so much, I started jumping around on the furniture, pretending I was Indy, and then I got my mom to take me to the real movie soon after, and fell even more in love with the character.

I remember seeing the VHS of it in a Suncoast about ten years ago, but didn't pick it up, and I've never seen it since. Hopefully, they'll include it on the DVD.

And, I agree with David Lambert--this seemingly-underwhelming release shouldn't be a forecast of what the Star Wars original trilogy discs will be. I believe that they will follow the pattern of the first two--loaded, two-disc sets, with the same type of packaging and all.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
YES!! I will be getting these DVDs as soon as I can. I can't wait to get them. All I have to say is that I wish there was DTS on the set but I won't get all bent out of shape because of it. They should have also released this set as widescreen only, but this is a popular title, so what are you going to do about it.

As far as the extras go, it seems underwhelming, but that's Paramount for you! ;) They really diddn't go in depth about what kind of extras are on the set, so we will have to wait and see.

Extras or no extras, I NEED this set!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well, of course I'll be buying them... but I'm confused. DVD File is reporting that there IS a DTS soundtrack included, but the press release only mentions Dolby Digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.