What's new

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! First Official News about Indiana Jones!!!!(tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

James E

Stunt Coordinator
Click Here
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

ToddJ

Second Unit
I personally think the light tan looks better than than more leathery brown of the widescreen box set. However, there is no way I would ever buy the FULL SCREEN SET. I wonder if anyone will make a widescreen version of the covers and the box in light tan? It would be really nice to have and it looks more like the original poster art for the "...Last Crusade" poster (which I own and is my favorite movie poster of all time.)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I truely hope you're joking, because that is not what 16:9 anamorphic means.
I was referring to how most masters were made at normal 4x3 before 16x9 became popular. The transfer was originally made at 4x3, so they didn't just "throw away" resolution. They used the most that the 1.33:1 frame could use for a letterboxed transfer.

I don't see why a transfer is automatically "bad" for not being 16x9. For new discs, it's a poor excuse, but for a 1997 disc with otherwise excellent picture quality...it's just not THAT bad.

James E

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried zooming a letter boxed 4X3 disk to fit the withe of a 16X9 TV. Just wandering how it looks:b

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This is really great stuff

3-Hour Bonus Disc including a feature-length documentary created under the supervision of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.

Let's hope they include the original making of Raiders as well

:emoji_thumbsup:

greg_t

Screenwriter

Depends on how good your TV's stretch modes, line doubler, and comb filter are. I have a pioneer Elite CLD79 Laserdisc player connected to a Pioneer Elite 530 16x9 set, and on my setup, I have many LD that easily approach non-anamaphoric dvd status. For example, I have both the Independence day DVD and the DTS LD. Obviously, the anamaphoric dvd looks better, but you'd be suprised how good LD can look on a nice setup.

For non-anamphoric dvd, I use the scaling feature of the Panasonic RP91 and most non-anam's look great.

ToddJ

Second Unit
Does Kami do a lot of that stuff? Does she have a website? If she does these, she is officially my new hero!!! :)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Yeah, Amazon has it for $45.49, DVDPlanet has it for $48.99 and DVDEmpire has it for $49.95. Here's hoping that it comes down another $10 as time goes by. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Not a big fan of the spine for the box set. Why does the Indy logo have to be enclosed in some rocky border? Why not just have the logo, by itself, against the background?

Minor beef. Otherwise, I preordered it from Amazon.com and can't wait November.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Trailers! :emoji_thumbsup:

Isn't it sad that including trailers (which should be standard on all releases) is exciting as hell. :frowning:

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
So, is this a tantalizing screw job in order for us to plunk down even more for a super deluxe set with DTS and the full documentaries later on (presumably when Indy 4 hits video)?

I have a funny feeling here... :D

Dan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dan, that's not confirmed. And even if it was, that's fine. All I want is the movies in the original theatrical presentation, and at a fair price.

If they choose to put out a better edition later with more supplements and better audio options (enhanced for modern equipment), and charge a fair price for those enhancements, then I'll upgrade.

This is the same deal we've offered to Lucas for the Original Trilogy time after time: give us the movies now in OAR and bare-bones, at a decent price, and then I'll pay later for the super-duper edition. I'll take the same offer for Indy any day of the week! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.