1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking Bad Season 5 Question

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sean Bryan, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    How many episodes are in season 5, and can I buy the entire season?I've managed to avoid all spoilers for this excellent show and don't want to expose myself to them by looking through pre-existing threads. I'm trying to buy season 5, but I've come across some confusion about if the season is 8 or 16 episodes and if the blu-ray is split or can the entire season be bought as one?

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Season Five has 16 episodes but you have to buy both 'Season Five' and 'The Final Episodes' sets to get all 16 episodes.

The Season Five set has the 8 episodes that aired in summer of 2012 and The Final Episodes set has the 8 episodes that aired last summer and fall.

3. Jari K

Jari K Well-Known Member

Volume one of the 5th season is labeled "The Fifth Season". Volume two is labeled "The Final Season".

TravisR likes this.
  4. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Thanks!

Ugh, what a convoluted release. Fantastic show though.

TravisR likes this.
  5. joshEH

joshEH Well-Known Member

Josh
    Basically, as Vince Gilligan has noted, they are officially Seasons 5A and 5B, but to avoid pesky, ugly contractual pay-raises from kicking in for the cast and crew if "Season Six" were to actually be reached, AMC and Sony weasel-designated them "The Fifth Season" and "The Final Season."

Real stand-up people.

Ric Easton likes this.