What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't know if I like that Family Guy clip because I think I'm that guy. But in my defense I was pushing this show since the first night it aired. (There may even be evidence of that on this forum.)

In that second clip, what caught my attention is the reference to 'The Price is Right', so I did some searching and found that Aaron Paul was indeed on 'The Price is Right' around 15 years ago. And it's pretty insane.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/5775

(I apologize you'll have to endure Jay Leno in this clip but I couldn't find one without him.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
I don't know if I like that Family Guy clip because I think I'm that guy. But in my defense I was pushing this show since the first night it aired. (There may even be evidence of that on this forum.)
Eh, I give them credit for getting my number.

I started watching the show when the first season reran 2 or 3 months after its initial run (it's odd that I didn't watch it when it first aired because I'm a huge fan of The X-Files and Vince Gilligan was a large part of that show's creative team) and I enjoyed it but it wasn't until the second episode of the second season when I fell in love with the show and started telling every person I know to watch it. The nice thing is that as the show's popularity has grown, I don't have to describe it any more (which usually went like "You know that show where the dude gets cancer and he starts cooking crystal meth to support his family. You gotta watch it, it's fuckin' awesome!"). As for The Wire, I've found that most people have now heard of it (unlike when it was on) but still haven't watched it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, while I really enjoyed seasons 1 & 2, I don't think it really hit it's stride and achieved true "greatness" until season 3.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
TravisR said:
I don't have to describe it any more (which usually went like "You know that show where the dude gets cancer and he starts cooking crystal meth to support his family. You gotta watch it, it's fuckin' awesome!").
I remember shortly before the first episode, I was not being completely sold on that premise itself, along with the casting of Bryan Cranston (who up until then, was only known for comedy). Still, I ended up watching it based on great reviews, and oh man, did I quickly forget about Hal (Cranston's character on "Malcolm in the Middle").This is probably the only show that I have followed from the beginning, during its entire network run. Which I can't say the same with any other show, at least the ones that lasted more than 4 seasons, where I end watching the later ones on DVD.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
I remember shortly before the first episode, I was not being completely sold on that premise itself, along with the casting of Bryan Cranston (who up until then, was only known for comedy).
I've never seen a full episode of Malcolm In The Middle but I knew Cranston from Seinfeld and a really cool episode of The X-Files that he did (called Drive from the sixth season & written by Vince Gilligan- go watch it on Netflix, it's awesome). That XF episode is another reason why I'm surprised that I didn't watch Breaking Bad right at the beginning.

Aaron Paul was on The X-Files too. He was in a ninth season episode (called Lord Of The Flies) where he plays a teenager performing Jackass-style stunts. The episode isn't very good but it's written by future BB writer Thomas Schnauz and it is fairly amusing to see a young Aaron Paul pretending to be Johnny Knoxville.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I started watching just before the first half of season 5 aired. Waiting these last few months has been torture. I can't imagine having watched this show on air. I was hooked from ep 1. I am the guy from the Family Guy ep. My usual line is that "if they finish it right, this will be the best show I've ever seen." I've converted 4 of my friends who will be at my house on Sunday.

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
Can't wait to see how this pans out. Some scenes that have been playing in my head when I try to predict what'a a-comin': Jesse and Todd have a confrontation. Jesse will intend to kill Todd, but will not be able to bring himself to do it. Todd will shoot Jesse, injuring him very badly. Whatever happens to Walt (I have no idea, except I think he will not die or be killed), the final scene will focus on a convalescent Jesse; maybe being taken in by his family... Of course, I'm just guessing.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I definitely subscribe to the theory that Walt will survive...but most of his loved-ones won't. I think Jesse will flip out once he finds out Walt poisoned Brock, and Jesse is likely the one Walt was looking to go after in the flash forward to start the season.

shazzerman

Agent
Real Name
Noel
Has anyone thought the hair and beard in the first ep of Season 5 is a disguise? It looks like a disguise to me. Don't know how it might factor in though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think you can make a case for flashforward Walt to be going after Jesse, Hank, Saul, Lydia (though she's in Houston rather than Albuquerque), Todd or even Skyler.

EDIT: Jesse seems the most likely but even if the person he's after is under witness protection, Walt sure is taking along a lot of firepower.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
AMC is running a Season 5.0 marathon right now, all day. Suffice to say, I haven't gotten very much done today.

Looking forward to the "Talking Bad" aftershow, too. Julie Bowen is on the couch, where I've dreamed of her being most my post-adolescent life.
TravisR said:
I think you can make a case for flashforward Walt to be going after Jesse, Hank, Saul, Lydia (though she's in Houston rather than Albuquerque), Todd or even Skyler.

EDIT: Jesse seems the most likely but even if the person he's after is under witness protection, Walt sure is taking along a lot of firepower.
The newest issue of Entertainment Weekly (with Anchorman 2 on the cover) has some pretty colossally-huge spoilers about the opening teaser scene of tonight's episode in its review. All I can say is (having given into temptation and read it)...holy shit.

Without giving away any spoilers, here, I'll just state that I was already hugely pumped for tonight. Now I'm even more jacked. And I didn't think this was even possible.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Actually it could be what we expect. They said they were nervous about the ending and if it's too "obvious or easy", paraphrasing. But with time, they found it to be the right ending. A surprise ending that no one has predicted it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good ending.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
I've never seen a full episode of Malcolm In The Middle but I knew Cranston from Seinfeld and a really cool episode of The X-Files that he did (called Drive from the sixth season & written by Vince Gilligan- go watch it on Netflix, it's awesome). That XF episode is another reason why I'm surprised that I didn't watch Breaking Bad right at the beginning.
Interestingly, that X-Files episode is also the collaboration which eventually landed Bryan Cranston the role of Walter White on Breaking Bad.

Vince Gilligan remembered working with Cranston years later (Cranston barely remembered him, being the writer), and lobbied hard for his casting with the AMC brass when they were pushing hard for John Cusack to take the role, back when the series was in pre-production.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Holy crap! joshEH is back! No word of a lie: people have been wondering where you are; some of us thought Dan Harmon kidnapped you or something. Glad to see you back.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Thanks, Josh -- really glad to be back. :) Earlier this spring, I started undergoing some rather aggressive cancer treatments, missed a lot of work, and never really had much energy for even for message-board posting until just recently.

Had to reconfigure my HTF account a bit in the wake of the board-switchover, but got 'er done, and hopefully I'll be sticking around for a long time to come.

(Also, Dan Harmon DID kidnap me and imprison me in his basement for a time, but that's the subject for a whole other series of posts, lol.)

Since we're so close to the premiere, now, I really hope that Walt uses his knowledge of Hank's...ahem..."bachelor party"...to his advantage in Season 5.5:

"I cook meth? Well, Hank got blown by a guy the night before your wedding, Marie. WHO CAN YOU REALLY BELIEVE??"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Thanks, Travis. Really appreciate that.

In just 20 more minutes...

walter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks