What's new

Breakfast Club re-release on Sept 2???!! (1 Viewer)

Ben Harpold

Agent
I read in the June 30 issue of Video Business that a special edition of Breakfast Club is in the works. It doesn't list features or a release date. However this could be the version that's coming out on 9/2. Weird Science and sixteen Candles are not mentioned.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Guys, i thought you might get a kick out of this ! Over at the dvd file software board their breakfast club thread has turned violent ! Check it out, im still cracking up after that last persons reply ! Im just happy to get these dvds,and other people are bashing, like theres no tomorrow !:)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I just watched The Breakfast Club and I really would want a commentary/documentary with Paul Gleason and Judd Nelson talking about the space they went to with their performances. It would be great to hear them talk about it.

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
It doesn't surprise me there isn't extras to be had since their not called special editions, directors cut, or anything else like that. I will pick up 3 o'clock high and the breakfast club.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tony, you have to be referring to that 7/5 12:15 PM one by "TheDarkling", right? :laugh: Understandable, though...especially when you consider the information that "KimFair" mentions at her 8:37 AM post.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I was looking at the dvd file discussion for breakfast club again. Someone mentions that the upcoming dvd, is rumoured to have a few minutes of extra footage inserted back in ! Is this for real ?:D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Dvd file.com news section just got the final specs in for all 3 , and sadly they are barebones. At least they are anamorphic and dts, and 5.1 as options this time !:) 16 candles has no trailer, but the other 2 do.

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Since we're talking about Universal here-- the king of double-dippers: how many versions of American Pie are there now?-- I suspect we'll see special editions of these in a year's time. No sale.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Against my better judgement, I just bought the non-anamorphic version for $10 at Target because I HAD to have it. Now this... :frowning:

Haden

Supporting Actor
Damn, I was really looking forward to these when I thought they'd be special editions. No sale. :frowning:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Went and preordered brat pack 3 pack the other day, does anyone know if this is just the 3 movies thrown together in a shrink wrap like the brady bunch movies, or an actual box set?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I still think we will get deleted scenes on breakfast club, because dvd empire and dvd planet show a running time of 98 minutes. Everyone knows the non anamorphic old dvd of breakfast club was 92 minutes.;)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I was over at universals official site, they now show what appears to be the cover art for the box set. When you get to the site click on high school yearbook collection.:)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
So what does everyone think of the boxset art ? I think its decent , but i was suprised to see the dong guy on there,since he only played a few minutes in only 1 out of the 3 films in the set.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks