What's new

Breakfast at Tiffany's SE DVD? (1 Viewer)

Michael DenBoer

Auditioning
Does anyone know if Paramount is ever going to release a SE DVD for Breakfast at Tiffany’s? They have already given Sabrina and Roman Holiday SE DVD’s. Breakfast at Tiffany's is not only one of Audrey Hepburn’s most cherished roles it is one of Paramount’s better assets and it is IMO long overdue in regards of a SE DVD.

Michael DenBoer

Auditioning

Your right Paramount does have a bad track record in regards to re-release their classic titles with SE DVD’s. They recently re-released The Untouchables as a SE.

nousername

Supporting Actor

Really? That's news to me. I've only seen this version of Sabrina. I didn't know there was an SE version. If there is, I'd be willing to double dip.

Link please?

Michael DenBoer

Auditioning

That is the one I am referring too. It is not a loaded SE still it does comes with a Sabrina Documentary and a photo gallery. Breakfast at Tiffany's only comes with a trailer.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
An SE has just been released to R2 so I'd expect a stateside reissue soon.

The original version is still available and at a lower price, so this new version must be an SE, though I can't find a list of special features anywhere.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
^^ same as the old one just with a new slip case and cheaper price they have done it to lots of discs be warned

nousername

Supporting Actor

Agreed. Plus the current version has a little a bit of edge enhancement. I wouldn't mind a newer version if it has better picture quality.

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
The current DVD has a enormous amount of video noise, this was a very early DVD release from Paramount. In 1991, shortly before Audrey Hepburn's death I attended a screening of the studio print with her being honored and present (George Eastman Award). The print was nothing short of spectacular, they could really benefit using that print with a new transfer using the more improved DVD technology. This is really one of Paramount's crown jewels, it deserves a new transfer and the SE treatment!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, the current DVD of TIFFANY'S pretty much sucks, but so does the one for THE ODD COUPLE, and probably a bunch of others. Simple remasters, whether or not they are special editions, would be greatly appreciated.

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Does the current DVD feature an original sound mix? I see some sources listing Dolby 5.1 only , which I think would have to be a remix. Others list Dolby 2.0 as well, would this be the correct original mix? I am not that knowledgeable about sound options so I could be wrong.

I keep hoping that presenting original sound will become as big a rallying cry as OAR but I'm less and less hopeful as time goes on.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Paramount seems to be re-visiting older titles. I would wait to see what 2005 has in store. The Court Jester, White Christmas would be good choices for a re-visit also. They did re-do The Ten Commandments this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks