What's new

Branded (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have purchased Branded on Dvd as I am on Western TV series pushed. I welcome thoughts and/or suggestions on Branded!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Unfortunately, they are badly cut for syndication by World Vision. The opening tune is catchy, and I really liked the first season. But heading into the second season they changed the storyline from the misunderstood traveling soldier that took the blame to protect his commanding officer to being a pseudo secret agent for President Grant. Still it was a worthwhile purchase for me and I like Connors, so I can see watching the first season again sometime, just not keen on the second.

Another series that received the same treatment World Vision is the Guns of Will Sonnett. Even so I enjoyed this series as well because I like Walter Brennan. The catch phrase from that one is "No brag...just fact". It has a beginning and ending to the overall storyline, as well

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
smithbrad said:
Unfortunately, they are badly cut for syndication by World Vision. The opening tune is catchy, and I really liked the first season. But heading into the second season they changed the storyline from the misunderstood traveling soldier that took the blame to protect his commanding officer to being a pseudo secret agent for President Grant. Still it was a worthwhile purchase for me and I like Connors, so I can see watching the first season again sometime, just not keen on the second.

Another series that received the same treatment World Vision is the Guns of Will Sonnett. Even so I enjoyed this series as well because I like Walter Brennan. The catch phrase from that one is "No brag...just fact
". It has a beginning and ending to the overall storyline, as well
Thanks Brad!

I am getting into the own westerns after I purchased Wanted: Dead or Alive along with Wyatt Earp. Those aforementioned shows had me wanted to collect some more westerns. So, I decided to pickup Branded as I am Chuck Conners Fan. I hope to one day to pick up the Rifleman as well!! I have to watch my budget, so my purchases will be scatter over time!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The show was never a Worldvision property. It was distributed by King World and that's who instituted the cut masters that we are stuck with today.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Neil Brock said:
The show was never a Worldvision property. It was distributed by King World and that's who instituted the cut masters that we are stuck with today.
Yes, my mistake. I shouldn't have tried to pull it off the top of my head.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I loved Branded back in the sixties, and i'm inspired to search out the set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
John Hermes said:
Branded was my favorite show when I was in junior high and I was SO bummed when it got cancelled.
Thanks for input as well as others! I am on a western kick rate now, so I have purchased a few westerns. I remember when I was a kid there was buffalo tv station that used to aired western movies!! Gee, it seems like yesterday that happen! Today's tv has the odd show, but this whole reality crap just does not interest me!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
smithbrad said:
Yes, my mistake. I shouldn't have tried to pull it off the top of my head.
Doesn't matter now. It's all CBS - King World, Worldvision, Republic, Spelling, Paramount, Viacom. All under the same roof now.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
younger1968 said:
Thanks for input as well as others! I am on a western kick rate now, so I have purchased a few westerns. I remember when I was a kid there was buffalo tv station that used to aired western movies!! Gee, it seems like yesterday that happen! Today's tv has the odd show, but this whole reality crap just does not interest me!!
It was seven years ago this week I gave up on P)ay-TV and "Cut the Cord" I decided since the networks were showing insane amounts of commercials (not to mention the contents of those commercials) they obviously didn't need my money. My Signature bears witness to what $65.00 a month can buy. In the years since dropping cable from what little I've seen the price has done nothing but climb, while the quality of what's being shown has only headed south. Here's a little food for thought. When Cable TV came to my town in 1980 the cost of Basic was $7.99 a month. Today it's $139.00 a month! If the price of Gasoline rose as fast as Cable TV did we'd be paying over $18.00 a gallon today!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Regulus said:
It was seven years ago this week I gave up on P)ay-TV and "Cut the Cord" I decided since the networks were showing insane amounts of commercials (not to mention the contents of those commercials) they obviously didn't need my money. My Signature bears witness to what $65.00 a month can buy. In the years since dropping cable from what little I've seen the price has done nothing but climb, while the quality of what's being shown has only headed south. Here's a little food for thought. When Cable TV came to my town in 1980 the cost of Basic was $7.99 a month. Today it's $139.00 a month! If the price of Gasoline rose as fast as Cable TV did we'd be paying over $18.00 a gallon today!
Thanks for your posting!

I really respect your opinion like others that experience some great shows of the past. I was born in 1968 and started getting into classic TV over the past 10 years. I never envision that I would have 110 complete series on dvd. I am looking forward to branded! I also have harbor command ( I think that is name) coming this week as well.

I started watching Coronado 9 as well and it was very good show as well.

I watched an episode of Wyatt Earp with a young and beautiful Angie dickinson!! Angie was a doll!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
About 70% of my collection is from the 1950s to 1970s. There are more fingers on my hands than there are shows from the last 13 years. I'll be getting Harbor Command during the Holidays. (I have an "Unofficial" version of this series, it will have an appointment with "My Little Friend", Mr. B. F. Hammer when I get the legit release. He's the Bartender of a bar I own. It's called "The Workbench" and those who go there get HAMMERED! :biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
My Branded set came to day. I watched one episode and the show looks interesting.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have been impressed with "Branded". I have watched many episodes and they are very good! I am glad I found this series as it is very good!!

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
I've seen a few episodes on 16mm and found it to be a top notch show, like many other westerns of that time. Having said that, I'm not sure if I want to buy edited down syndication prints. Although, I may change my mind if I'm left with no other choice. For instance, I still purchased shows such as Mr. Ed (season one) and Good Times (last season), Isis etc with edited episodes.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have been watching branded and it looks like there was a serious of movies that had Chuck Connors character doing work for the govermnet. Is that correct?

The overall show is very good!! I am glad I have added this to my collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks