What's new

Brand new meet thread - Austin (1 Viewer)

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
The consensus seems to be for a June 25 meet. Let's take a vote on the location: Nils's garage, or my HT.

If we do Nils's garage, it will be an evening meet. Advantages of this location: Larger space and easier to swap equipment in/out.

If we do my place, it will be an afternoon or evening meet. Advantages of this location: Air-conditioning.

My vote: My HT (though I live in Austin, I don't love the heat).

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Actually your HT is probably as large as the garage, certainly if we only use two of the bays, and set-up in your HT should not be too difficult so I do not see that the garage idea has that large of an advantage in that category.

The one big advantage though, which is why I even offered the garage in the first place is the screen area. However, your 10' screen is no slouch, and due to the time of year, the garage would not be the most pleasant experience.

Therefore, I cast my vote for Collin's place.

Maybe we can plan ahead of time for the fall, and use the garage idea for another shootout with an emphasis on comparing screen material, as the garage wall would be perfect for such a comparison as we can use it to try different paint mixtures as well as attach sample screen materials to it.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Colins. Definitely Colins. And I AM a NATIVE Texan and usually like the heat. ...especially win it emvolves wimen in dem bikini thingies all awled up with some Pennzawl 10w40 derivative laying around a pool or playing vawlyballs... But Nil's garage wern't going to have that so... I like Colin's AC'd shack better. :)

And before any of you crazy guys stoned on those maragritas, coming off a bad poker bet, volunteers to wear a tight pair of cutoffs and go shirtless, we don't need that...

James Phung

Second Unit
Whatever works for me. However, things are beginning to pick up at work, I know I will be working weekends soon. I usually get off a little early when working weekends, hopefully the time of the meet won't conflict too much.

Jay.H

Stunt Coordinator

So Hank, you don't have AC at your place?
If that's true, let the tin-horn, panty-waist, spoiled city-slickers brand stand. Otherwise, if the boot fits... ;)

As a fellow native Texan, while I can handle the heat, I don't particularly relish the notion. I vote for Colin's place.

But if anyone was to bring along a lovely female somewhat clad in warm weather apparel... Let's just say that I vote for that too. ;)

Jay.H

Stunt Coordinator
Bring 'em along! :crazy: Wait...

It might be a bit difficult to have a PJ shootout if we're not looking at the projected image.

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
I just realized I already have something planned for the 25th. :frowning: What about the 18th? Is that date out? If so, I will just have to catch ya'll at the next meet.

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Resubscribing.....after a looong time away. I'm super busy with work but I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what and where. I have an EAD 8800 pre/pro if I'm able to make it. this is the latest generation and a redesign from the 8000/Ovation-Signature 8 series. It is the non-Pro version(unbalanced).

I'll take the brunette on the left :D

Dave Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys.... Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a pool party (preceded by a fun hill country drive) on Saturday July 2nd. Its not Home Theater related per se, as its geared towards all my fellow car enthusiasts, but its open to all. Plus, theres more than a little overlap among friends with these two hobbies. ;-)

Anyways, we're going on a nice fun drive around 3pm (about 70 miles through the hill country) and ending up at my place in Lago Vista around 5pm. There, we'll have BBQ, cool off in the pool, and required frosty beverages. Both HT setups will be up and running, but probably doing more racing footage, top gear videos, Gran Turismo etc. I'll still have some things to finish up in my new HT room, but its up and running. Only 4 permanent seats (love my berklines), but I can run some demos clips if you guys like.

If anyone is interested just email me at delliott00 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll shoot you the invite.

You can skip the drive it you want, but it'll be fun and you can take it at your own pace. Lots of Audis, BMWs, porsches, Lotus, Evos etc should be there.

I'll also be happy to give you guys a demo in either the Lotus or the Evo if you like!

We'll still do a Dive In Theater night later this summer.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks