What's new

Branagh Hamlet on Blu Ray? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I know that the original intent was to release on DVD, HDDVD and BR at the same time, but that the plans were changed at the last minute. Have there been any updates in the meantime that might change this? I've been thinking about picking up the DVD version, but if there's a BR version on the slate for the near future, I'll wait for the movie in HD.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm waiting for BD, as this is such a sumptuous-looking movie. I was almost ready to buy the SD version after waiting for so long, but I don't imagine the wait will be too much longer for BD.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
We should open a club :) I will wait too for the HD version, same as I do for most movies these days that I do not HAVE to see or that I only expect to watch once.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
You guys can't win this one . Every lost sale on the SD version will just convince Sony there's no market for titles like these in a format with such a small market share...

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Hamlet is a Warner title and Warner is not afraid to release less popular movies on DVD. So I am not really worried and apart from that I can't bring myself to watch too many DVD anyway these days, not when I know that a master ready for HDM is around.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I'm already starting to find that I'm getting spoiled by my BDs too. Didn't really expect it to start so soon since I've been watching primetime network stuff in HD for a few years now, and that never really took away from my enjoyment of SD DVD before. But I guess it does depend a lot on the quality of the particular title though. I really can't wait for certain titles to be released on BD because of the poor quality on DVD, but some (mostly more recent titles) still hold up quite well.

_Man_

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I waited around for this on DVD until I stopped buying DVD in favor of HD. I figure It'll be on Blu Ray just in time for Blu Ray 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks