What's new

Boxing Day Home Theater System (1 Viewer)

dirtydenim86

Auditioning
Real Name
miguel

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
That price looks good for what you get. Once you have a complete theater, you can always upgrade/replace each piece. Don't forget to budget wire/cables, and a blu ray player. :cool:

dirtydenim86

Auditioning
Real Name
miguel
Brainwasher said:
That price looks good for what you get. Once you have a complete theater, you can always upgrade/replace each piece. Don't forget to budget wire/cables, and a blu ray player. :cool:
Thanks for the input...it does seem like a good deal and like you said I could always replace the receiver if I choose but for now I think it will do.
How much approximately would I be looking at for cables/wiring for a setup like that?
I haven't factored it into my budget.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
dirtydenim86 said:
Thanks for the input...it does seem like a good deal and like you said I could always replace the receiver if I choose but for now I think it will do.
How much approximately would I be looking at for cables/wiring for a setup like that?
I haven't factored it into my budget.
For speaker wire...go to your local hardware store and pick up "however much you need" of 14 or 16 guage lamp cord(the same thing connecting your hair dryer and toaster to the wall).
HDMI should be bought(since you're in Canada...not sure who all ships there) online from BlueJeans, MonoPrice or Amazon(if you buy from Amazon, their Amazon Basics are fine...the Vanco brand is a bit more but are more flexible with hardier connects).

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
If these guys ship to Canada http://www.cablewholesale.com/buy/speaker-cable.htm?utm_source=BingAds&utm_medium=cpc
Good luck, always happy to see somebody get some new gear.

dirtydenim86

Auditioning
Real Name
miguel
Any other deals out there that catch your eyes guys?
I might jump on the system above if I can't find anything else.
Is it better to just wait for a sale and pick up items individually?
How would you rate the system above for overall performance?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks