What's new

Bowling For Columbine - bare bones?! (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Surely a vast, right wing conspiracy. Oh well, I'll pick it up bare-bones or souped up S.E. I'd almost prefer it be barebones, as I am getting really sick of Moore's self congratulating since the Oscars. Where is Roger & Me? THAT I would love an SE of....that and TV Nation.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I heard one of the reasons this was pushed back from its originally announced date was to add extras, so hopefully it won't be bare-bones. Looking forward to getting this one as I didn't get a chance to see it theatrically.

As for Roger & Me, in an online chat last year, Moore said he had just recorded a commentary for an SE release of that. Haven't heard anything else about it since then. Warner owns that title, I believe, so if the chat with them still takes place on 4/22, hopefully someone will ask them about it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The disc has commentary, the uncut interview with Heston I know are on there, and yes a Roger&Me SE is coming.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Well, I don't know how the thing was ever labeled a "documentary." I didn't know that fiction qualified...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for adding your thoughts to this thread Chuck, it really clears up any questions about it being barebones:rolleyes

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
interesting to note that since the Oscars, sales of his latest book, and the afore mentioned film have skyrocketed back into the tops of the charts.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
The question that remains is when it will finally be released. Since the announcement of it being delayed I haven't heard a thing about it. :frowning:

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I was really geared up to see this movie in April when it was originally planned, now I'm going crazy because I can't see it! I was hoping that between now and when it gets released on DVD it might get a small theatrical re-release, considering it's one of (or is it the #1?) the highest grossing documentaries of all time.

Richard Carnahan

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I don't know how the thing was ever labeled a "documentary." I didn't know that fiction qualified...

Works fine for Fox News.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You can air your complaints about Michael Moore as a documentarian (within reason and in deference to HTF posting guidelines) in the already-established thread in the Movies section. Limit this discussion to the DVD itself. Any further personal political commentary will result in suspended memberships.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I was gonna say sumthing on Chuck's comment, but nevermind. I truely hope this DVD is loaded. All the trouble Michael Moore went thru should be well presented and hopefully his sources to prove the statements made in in the movie to the people who doubt the facts;)

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I REALLY liked the movie and I hope the DVD is loaded. Michael Moore, IMHO, is outspoken and insensitive, but still, I enjoyed both BOWLING and Roger and ME.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Even before the Oscar win, this DVD was pulled...makes me think perhaps there was alot of confidence in it winning an award and that it would include some backslapping extras. Fine...but let's put a new date in circulation. Some of us are eagerly awaiting this disc! :)

Bruce

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I'm excited to hear about a Roger & Me: SE in the works and quite possibly The Big One. I saw it buried in a long Miramax release schedule over on The Digital Bits.

Gregory

James Reader

Screenwriter
The Big One is listed for release in France on 15th May.

As for the UK Barebones release - don't fall for this, it's a long standing ploy of the distributor. Remember the single disc "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Amelie" which were quickly replaced by 2 disc "Special Editions"?

Again, France seems to be getting their Bowling for Columbine 2 disc Special Edition on 15th May.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks